IN HILL COUNTRY
Click image for Details
Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
County Profile For:
MENARD COUNTY, Texas
"no slogan"County Seat: MenardEst: 1858
County Borders: N: Concho; NE: McCulloch; E: Mason; S: Kimble;
SW: Sutton; W: Schleicher; NW: Tom Green
Population (2011): 2,264Businesses (2010): 47COL Index (2008): 73.9
Zip Codes: 76859Area Codes: 325Time Zone: CST
Center Line Coordinates: 30° 54' N; 99° 50' W; about 3 mi SW of Menard
Major Highways: US 83, 190, TX 29
Rivers: San SabaLakes:
Area: 902 smElevation: 1700 to 2400 ft
CITIES & TOWNS IN THIS COUNTY: Definition & Maps.
- County Judge: Richard Cordes, 325-396-4789
206 E San Saba Ave, Menard, TX 76859
County Courthouse: Photos
- Concho Valley Council Of Governments:
2801 W Loop 306, Ste A, San Angelo, TX 76904
- Menard County Chamber Of Commerce: 325-396-2365
100 E San Saba Ave, Menard, TX 76859
Web: www.menardchamber.com; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Menard Industrial Development Corp: Located at above Chamber office, phone, web and email.
- Concho Valley Center For Entrepreneurial Development: 325-657-9214; 2009 W Beauregard Ave, San Angelo, TX 76901. Web: www.cvced.org; Email: email@example.com
EVENT CALENDAR: For full details on these and nearby events see Festivals & Major Events, Trade Days & Farmers Markets, Live Entertainment, and calendars on our other focus topic pages accessible from the menu above.
WEATHER: Local Weather; Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: See full details in Directory below.
- On-Line News: Google News; Topix
- Newspapers: (The) Menard News, 325-396-2243; Menard
- Radio: KNEL RADIO: 95.3 FM (studio in Brady), 325-597-2119
- TV, Articles & Videos:
- Handbook Of Texas Online: TSHA
- County TXGenWeb Project Genealogical/historical information, including cemeteries, markers, maps, census data, surname queries, TXGenWeb
- Menard County Historical Commission: POB 663, Menard, TX 76859
- More History: See Portal city profiles in list shown above, including Menard.
OTHER PROFILES: City Data; ePodunk; Texas Escapes (not available); Travel Texas (not available); TXCIP; US Census Quick Facts; Wikipedia
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections & digital photos,
without compensation. Send to Editor at:
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
LOCAL LISTINGS: Because the City of Menard is the dominant city in Menard County (only 2 other small towns in the county with a combined population under 100), please see the Directory Listings at City of Menard
MENARD COUNTY: County Judge Richard Cordes: 325-396-4789; 206 E San Saba Ave, Menard, TX 76859. http://co.menard.tx.us
MENARD COUNTY, ADULT PROBATION: 325-396-2028; 205 E San Saba Ave, Menard, TX 76859
MENARD COUNTY, AIRPORT (T50): 325-396-4789; 3 mi NW of Menard, TX 76859. Open to public. No tower. Runway; 4,100 x 60 ft.; AirNav; Map
MENARD COUNTY, APPRAISAL DISTRICT: 325-396-4784; 110 Bevans St, Menard, TX 76859. http://menardcad.org
MENARD COUNTY, ATTORNEY: 325-396-4682; 206 E San Saba Ave, Menard, TX 76859
MENARD COUNTY, CLERK: 325-396-4682; 206 E San Saba Ave, POB 1038, Menard, TX 76859. Located in Menard County Courthouse.
MENARD COUNTY, COMMUNITY CENTER: 325-396-4642; 218 Gay, Menard, TX 76859
MENARD COUNTY, CONSTABLE, PRECINCT 1: Lee Callan: 325-396-4705; POB 398, Menard, TX 76859
MENARD COUNTY, JAIL: 325-396-2487; 208 Tipton St, Menard, TX 76859
MENARD COUNTY, JUSTICE OF THE PEACE, PRECINCT 1: 325-396-2239; 206 E San Saba Ave, Menard, TX 76859
MENARD COUNTY, SHERIFF: 325-396-4705; 205 Tipton St, POB 307, Menard, TX 76859-0307. Sheriff Buck Miller
MENARD COUNTY, TAX ASSESSOR-COLLECTOR: 325-396-4523; 206 E San Saba Ave, Menard, TX 76859. http://co.menard.tx.us/default.aspx?Menard_County/County.Assessor.Collector
MENARD COUNTY, TREASURER: 325-396-2748; 206 E San Saba Ave, Menard, TX 76859
MENARD COUNTY, VETERANS AFFAIRS: 325-396-4969; POB 1028, Menard, TX 76859
MENARD COUNTY, 911 ADDRESSING: 325-396-4969; 206 E San Saba Ave, Menard, TX 76859
LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY: See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
US POST OFFICES: 800-275-8777; www.usps.com
- 325-396-4570; 911 Frisco St, Menard, TX 76859
- 325-396-2050; 15193 TX 29, Hext, TX 76848-9870
LOCATED OUTSIDE THE TEXAS HILL COUNTRY: See State & Federal Offices
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
MENARD COUNTY CRIME STOPPERS: 325-396-2337; 208 Tipton St, Menard, TX 76859
DISASTER & EMERGENCY SERVICES: Beyond dialing 911 for emergency services (police, fire, rescue), when a major destructive event occurs (wind damage, flooding, explosion, wildland fire, mass casualty incidents, terrorism, etc.), response services are organized based on the disaster coverage area and severity:
- EMERGENCY SHELTERS & LOCAL RELIEF SERVICES MOSTLY WITHIN A CITY: Depending on local needs and incident circumstances, check with local service and information organizations and locations that can be found on the Portal city page for each town/city, per the above Portal menu at the top of each page. On these city pages you can determine their open/close status and scope of services (shelter, showers, food, clothing, financial, essential supplies, other) presently offered, and donations (food, clothing, cash, other) they will accept. Their scope can change quickly based on the extent of damage and needs. The city pages also include emergency contacts for major utilities that are often affected during such incidents, including power, water, communications, etc.
- MULTIPLE CITY OR COUNTY-WIDE INCIDENTS: See County Judge's office for Emergency Management, and Sheriff's Dept above.
- MULTIPLE COUNTY INCIDENTS: See our Portal Focus Topic Page on Emergency Services for comprehensive information on area-wide emergency resources and contacts (Red Cross, TCEQ, Alert Systems, etc.).
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
WITH OFFICES LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY:
See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
WITH OFFICES LOCATED OUTSIDE THIS COUNTY:
ALAMO RESOURCE CONSERVATION & DEVELOPMENT AREA, INC: 210-548-9248; 215 W. Bandera R, Ste 114-456, Boerne, TX 78006. www.alamorcd.org. A non-profit who's mission is assist rural communities through improved community social services, coordinated resource conservation, environmental stewardship, sustainable agriculture, water and land within our 10 county area. Counties Served: Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Frio, Wilson, Atascosa, Medina, Bandera, Kendall and Kerr Counties.
AMERICAN RED CROSS: www.redcross.org. A humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its Congressional Charter and the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement, that provides relief to victims of disasters and helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. Serves Blanco, Gillespie, Mason, Menard, Kimble, Kerr and Sutton counties.
CONCHO VALLEY CENTER FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT: 325-657-9214; 2009 W Beauregard Avenue, San Angelo, TX 76901. firstname.lastname@example.org; www.cvced.org
TEXAS MASTER NATURALISTS: www.txmn.org. A non-profit organization under the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Program in concert with Texas Parks & Wildlife. Mission is to develop a corps of well-informed volunteers to provide education, outreach, and service dedicated to the beneficial management of natural resources and natural areas within their communities.
Local: Hill Country Chapter, 830-896-2504; 309 Sidney Baker S, Kerrville, TX 78028. Meets 4th Mon 7p at UGRA building. Michelle Haggerty, State Coordinator. Counties served: Counties served: Bandera, Edwards, Gillespie, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Mason, Menard, Real, San Saba. www.txmn.org/hillcountry
Note: For Hill Country-wide non-profits, public service and social service organizations, see Hill Country Information
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: www.SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: info@SandyRoadGuestHaus.com
Come Relax & Enjoy!