COFRAN'S PC &
- - -
Tech Support &
Call-In Help Desk
PC slowed down?
We can tune it up!
** PC Repairs **
BSEE, MBA, xCPA
Veteran, Tech Officer
Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
County Profile For:
KERR COUNTY, Texas
"Where The City Comes To Play"County Seat: KerrvilleEst: 1856
County Borders: NE: Gillespie; E: Kendall; S: Bandera; SW: Real; W: Edwards
Population (2016): 51,504Businesses (2015): 1,418COL Index (2008): 84.3
Zip Codes: 78010, 78024, 78025, 78028, 78029, 78058
Area Codes: 830Time Zone: CST
Center Line Coordinates: 30° 04' N; 99° 20' W
Major Highways: IH-10; US-83, US-87; TX-16, TX-27, TX-39, TX-41, TX-173
Area: 1,103 smElevation: 1,500 to 2,000 ft
CITIES & TOWNS IN THIS COUNTY: Camp Verde, Center Point, (The) Divide, Hunt, Ingram, Kerrville,
Legion, Mount Wesley, Mountain Home
All of Kerr County is within the Texas Hill Country. For our definition of the boundaries of the Texas Hill Country, see: Definition & Maps.
- County Judge: Tom Pollard, 830-792-2211
700 E Main St, Kerrville, TX 78028
- Alamo Area Council Of Governments (AACOG):
Executive Director: Gloria C. Arriaga, 210-362-5200
8700 Tesoro Dr, Ste 700, San Antonio, TX 78217 aacog.com
- Kerrville Chamber Of Commerce: 830-896-1155, 800-221-7958, Fax: 830-896-1175
1700 Sidney Baker, Ste 100, Kerrville, TX 78028. kerrvilletx.com
Brian J. Bondy, President/CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristan D. Craddock, Coordinator of Special Events
- Kerrville Convention & Visitors Bureau: 830-792-3535; 2108 Sidney Baker, Kerrville, TX 78028. kerrvilletexascvb.com, email@example.com
- Downtown Visitors Center: Maps, brochures, visitor's guides, rest rooms.
- West Kerr County Chamber Of Commerce: 830-367-4322; TX-27, Ingram, TX 78025
(Located in the Bank of the Hills building), POB 1006, Ingram, TX 78025
Serves: Hunt, Ingram, Mountain Home, and "The Divide"
- Kerr Economic Development Foundation
830-896-1157, Fax: 830-896-1166
1700 Sidney Baker, Ste 100, Kerrville, TX 78028
- Alamo Workforce Development: workforcesolutionsalamo
WEATHER: Local Weather (Kerrville); Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: See full details in Directory below.
- On-Line News: Google News; Topix
- Newspapers: Kerrville Daily Times, 830-896-7000, dailytimes.com;
Mountain Sun News: 830-257-3300
- Radio: KERV 1230 AM/KOOK 93.5 FM/KYXX 94.3 FM, revfmradio.com; KRZS 99.9 FM, roseradio999.com; KHKV 91.1 FM; KKER; 88.7 FM; KKVR 106.1 FM; KRNH 92.3 FM, theranchfm92.com; KWSP-LP 104.9 FM
- TV, Articles & Videos:
- Handbook Of Texas Online: TSHA
- County Txgenweb Project: genealogical/historical information, including cemeteries, markers, maps, census data, surname queries: TXGenWeb
- Kerr County Historical Commission: See full details in Directory below.
- More history at Portal city profiles in list shown above, including Kerrville
See listings in each town, and:
Kerr County Cemetery Photos, Facts & Directions
OTHER PROFILES: City Data; ePodunk; TXCIP; US Census Quick Facts; Wikipedia
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections & digital photos,
without compensation. Send to Editor at:
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
KERR COUNTY, ANIMAL CONTROL: 830-257-3100; Kerrville, TX 78028
KERR CENTRAL APPRAISAL DISTRICT: kerrcad.org
KERR COUNTY, CHILDREN'S PROTECTIVE SERVICES: Kerrville: 830-792-4303
KERR COUNTY: COUNTY JUDGE, Tom Pollard: 830-792-2211; 700 E Main St, Kerrville, TX 78028. co.kerr.tx.us, firstname.lastname@example.org
KERR COUNTY: COURT COORDINATOR: 830-792-2211; 700 E Main St, Kerrville, TX 78028. email@example.com
KERR COUNTY COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT 1: 830-792-2213; H. A. "Buster" Baldwin, 700 E Main St, Kerrville, TX 78028. firstname.lastname@example.org
KERR COUNTY COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT 2: 830-792-2214; Tom Moser, 700 E Main St, Kerrville, TX 78028. email@example.com
KERR COUNTY COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT 3: 830-792-2216; Jonathan Letz, 700 E Main St, Kerrville, TX 78028. firstname.lastname@example.org
KERR COUNTY COMMISSIONER, PRECINCT 4: 830-866-3435; Bob Reeves, 125 Oehler Rd, Mountain Home, TX 78058. email@example.com
KERR COUNTY, FOOD STAMPS/AID TO NEEDY FAMILIES/MEDICAID: Kerrville: 830-896-3933
KERR COUNTY, HISTORICAL COMMISSION: co.kerr.tx.us/historical. 700 E Main St, Ste 101, Kerrville, TX 78028. A county agency made up of volunteer residents for the purpose of initiating programs suggested by the Texas Historical Commission at Austin for the preservation of the historical heritage of the county. It is the responsibility of the Commission to determine the existence of historical buildings, sites or cemeteries and to explore, describe, explain and record information regarding the history of Kerr County. Mike Bowlin, firstname.lastname@example.org
KERR COUNTY, SHERIFF: Admin: 830-896-1133; 400 Clearwater Paseo, Kerrville, TX 78028. kerrcountysheriff.org. Sheriff W R "Rusty" Hierholzer; Email: email@example.com
LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY: See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
US POST OFFICES: 800-275-8777. usps.com
- 830-634-2431; 285 Camp Verde E, Center Point, TX 78010-9800
- 830-634-2431; 218 FM 480, Center Point, TX 78010
- 830-238-4845; 1644 TX-39, Hunt, TX 78024-9998
- 830-367-5943; 3190 Junction Hwy, Ingram, TX 78025-9998
- 830-257-5040; 244 Cully Dr, Kerrville, TX 78028-9998
- 830-866-3331; 5586 Junction Hwy, Mountain Home, TX 78058-9998
LOCATED OUTSIDE THE TEXAS HILL COUNTRY: See State & Federal Offices
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
DISASTER & EMERGENCY SERVICES: Beyond dialing 911 for emergency services (police, fire, rescue), when a major destructive event occurs (wind damage, flooding, explosion, wildland fire, mass casualty incidents, terrorism, etc.), response services are organized based on the disaster coverage area and severity:
- EMERGENCY SHELTERS & LOCAL RELIEF SERVICES MOSTLY WITHIN A CITY: Depending on local needs and incident circumstances, check with local service and information organizations and locations that can be found on the Portal city page for each town/city, per the above Portal menu at the top of each page. On these city pages you can determine their open/close status and scope of services (shelter, showers, food, clothing, financial, essential supplies, other) presently offered, and donations (food, clothing, cash, other) they will accept. Their scope can change quickly based on the extent of damage and needs. The city pages also include emergency contacts for major utilities that are often affected during such incidents, including power, water, communications, etc.
- MULTIPLE CITY OR COUNTY-WIDE INCIDENTS: See County Judge's office for Emergency Management, and Sheriff's Dept above.
- KERR COUNTY COMMUNITY NOTIFICATION ENROLLMENT (CNE): click CodeRed
- MULTIPLE COUNTY INCIDENTS: See our Portal Focus Topic Page on Emergency Services for comprehensive information on area-wide emergency resources and contacts (Red Cross, TCEQ, Alert Systems, etc.).
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
WITH OFFICES LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY:
See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
TEXAS MASTER GARDENERS: txmg.org. A non-profit organization under the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Program. Mission is to disseminate horticulture education on gardening, water conservation, soil maintenance, native & earthkind planting.
Local club: Hill Country Master Gardeners, 830-257-6568; 3775 TX-27 E, Kerrville, TX 78028. Counties served: Bandera, Gillespie, Kendall and Kerr. hillcountrymastergardeners.org
TEXAS MASTER NATURALISTS: txmn.org. A non-profit organization under the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Program in concert with Texas Parks & Wildlife. Mission is to develop a corps of well-informed volunteers to provide education, outreach, and service dedicated to the beneficial management of natural resources and natural areas within their communities.
Local: Hill Country Chapter, 830-896-2504; 309 Sidney Baker S, Kerrville, TX 78028. Meets 4th Mon 7p at UGRA building. Michelle Haggerty, State Coordinator. Counties served: Counties served: Bandera, Edwards, Gillespie, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Mason, Menard, Real, San Saba. txmn.org/hillcountry
WITH OFFICES LOCATED OUTSIDE THIS COUNTY:
ALAMO RESOURCE CONSERVATION & DEVELOPMENT AREA, INC: 210-548-9248; 215 W Bandera R, Ste 114-456, Boerne, TX 78006. alamorcd.org. A non-profit who's mission is to assist rural communities through improved community social services, coordinated resource conservation, environmental stewardship, sustainable agriculture, water and land within our 10 county area. Counties Served: Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Frio, Wilson, Atascosa, Medina, Bandera, Kendall, Kerr
ANY BABY CAN OF SAN ANTONIO: 210-227-0170; 217 Howard, San Antonio, TX 78212. anybabycansa.org. A non-profit agency that provides direction and guidance for families of children and youth with special needs. All services are provided at no cost, regardless of income, to families who have a child (through age 17) with a chronic illness, disability, developmental delay or health risk. The child must reside in Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Blanco, Caldwell, Comal, Edwards, Frio, Gillespie, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Medina, Real, Uvalde or Wilson County. Local office:
Kerrville: 830-792-4222; 819 Water St, Ste 109, Kerrville, TX 78028. Brenda Heimann
New Braunfels: 800-524-3755; 1040 N Walnut, Ste C2 at Seele Plaza, New Braunfels, TX 78130
TEXAS RIO GRANDE LEGAL AID (TRLA): 1-888-988-9996; 4920 IH-35 N, Frontage Rd, Austin, TX 78751. trla.org. A non-profit organization that provides free legal services to eligible low-income residents in 68 counties of SW Texas, including the Hill Country, and also represents migrant and seasonal farm workers. No local permanent offices (except nearby Austin and San Antonio), however visits are made to some cities. Start eligibility application process on web or call for appointment. Counties served: Bandera, Blanco, Burnet, Comal, Edwards, Gillespie, Hays, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Llano, Mason, Medina, Real, Travis, Uvalde, Williamson
Note: For Kerr County-wide non-profits, public service and social service organizations, see Kerrville Directory and profiles for other cities within this county.
Note: For Hill Country-wide non-profits, public service and social service organizations, see Hill Country Information
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: info@SandyRoadGuestHaus.com
Come Relax & Enjoy!
Click for Hill Country:
» FESTIVALS/MAJOR EVENTS
» LIVE ENTERTAINMENT
Affordable Pre-paid Emergency Air Transport Service
Click image for details
Protection starts at $65/yr
Protect Your Computer Files With
of your data.
to get started.