Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
City Profile For:
SAN SABA, Texas
Pronounced: "SAN SAB-ah"
"Pecan Capital of the World", "Top Of The Hill Country"
"A Wonderful Place to Live, A Great Place to Do Business!"
Elevation: 1,204 ftArea: 1.8 smCounty (seat): San Saba
Zip Code: 76877Area Code: 325-372Time Zone: CST
Coordinates: 31° 11'43 N, 98° 43'30 W; 31.19528° N, 98.725° W; 31.19528° N, -98.725° W
Location: Eastern part of county; 87 mi NW of Austin;
37 mi W of Lampasas; 42 mi E of Brady; 32 mi N of Llano; 22 mi S of Goldthwaite
Highways: TX 16, US 190, RR 500, FM 1031 (E Chappel Rd)
Creeks: Mill CreekRivers: San SabaLakes: None
- City Of San Saba: 325-372-5144
Intersection of TX 16 & US 190, San Saba, TX 76877
See full details in Directory below.
- San Saba County Chamber Of Commerce: 325-372-5141
120 S Cherokee St, San Saba, TX 76877
- City Of San Saba Economic Development & Tourism: 325-372-8291
- Community Foundation Of San Saba County, Inc: San Saba, TX 76877. Non-profit dedicated to assisting the city and county in revitalization projects designed to make San Saba an attractive destination for historical tourism.
PRINCIPAL BUSINESS: Pecan industry, ranching, agriculture, tourism, hunting, fishing, golf
MAJOR ATTRACTIONS: See full details in Directory below.
- Pecans: "Pecan Capital of the World". This area has an ideal climate and water and soil conditions to support native and improved pecan production. Native production is prolific along the rivers and creeks, while improved varieties are found in irrigated orchards nearby. An amateur horticulturist from England developed the first improved varieties here in San Saba in the 1870s. Birthplace of the paper shell pecan. San Saba is a hub for the production and wholesale and retail distribution of pecans and pecan products throughout the world. The pecan tree is the state tree. See directory below for local pecan companies that have retail outlets. See the Mother Pecan Tree from which many varieties were grafted, located at the Millican Pecan Company orchard in San Saba County.
- Historic Downtown: Shopping District; Walking Tour (see city web site at www.sansabatexas.com/walkingtour.htm for detailed description of buildings).
- Historic San Saba County CR 204 Bridge: "Through-Truss" bridge, 137 ft, over San Saba River 5 mi NW of San Saba. Circa 1910. Photos & Map
- Historic San Saba County CR 110 Bridge: "Through-Truss" bridge, 125 ft, over San Saba River on CR 110. Circa 1939. Photos & Map
- Historic Beveridge Bridge: Suspension bridge over San Saba River, circa 1896, 2 mi NW of downtown on CR 200, just N of the Wedding Oak. Single lane, 140 ft, wood deck, now closed to vehicle traffic but open to pedestrian traffic. Go out 9th street for .25 mi. Turn L onto China Creek Rd and proceed past the Wedding Oak about 1 mi. Photos & Map
- San Saba Wedding Oak (aka "The Marriage Oak", "The Matrimonial Oak"): A legendary Indian site, where a 400 year old, huge live oak tree shades both sides of the road, that has been the location of marriage services for Indians and then white settlers. Listed in "Famous Trees of Texas." Located on the way to Beveridge Bridge, about 2 mi NW of town on China Creek Rd.
- Millican Pecan Mother Tree: The pecan tree from which hundreds of trees in San Saba County were grafted. Millican Pecan is in business today where descendent's of E.E. Riesen carry on the family tradition by selling pecans for wholesale and retail. www.pecancompany.com
- San Saba County Courthouse: Started in 1911, completed 1915 at a cost of $75,000. Brick & sandstone construction. Texas Renaissance style. Third courthouse built in San Saba Has an 800 pound bell. Chime clock still in operation. The Courthouse Square is the focal point for many community events throughout the year. Also the site of the Pioneer Memorial, honoring citizens who settled the area dating back to the 1800s.
- San Saba County Jail: Located on US 190, on 2nd block E of Courthouse. Erected in 1884 of massive Blue Limestone walls with an Italian-Texas style. Two story plus third floor tower. Oldest surviving public building in the county, and continues to be used as a jail facility, the oldest such in use as a jail the US. This building also houses the Sheriff and the local emergency dispatch center, serving multiple other agencies (EMS, Fire, etc).
- San Saba County Historical Museum: 325-372-5238; at Mill Pond Park downtown, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabamuseum.org. Located within the Park, off US 190, a half mi E of the Courthouse. Housed in two 100-year-old log cabins contained within an outer building, this museum interprets the county's rich history from settlement days to pecan fame. Open Sat-Sun, April-Oct, and by appointment. Sun 1:30-4:30p
- San Saba River Golf Course & RV Park: 325-372-3212; 723 CR 102, San Saba, TX 76877. Public, municipal, 18 holes, PGA-certified). See Golf Courses
- First Methodist Church: Corner of 3rd & 204 W Brown. Initially built in 1882, the present building constructed in 1914-1917. It is said to be the only marble Methodist church in the US.
- Historic Burden Hotel: Circa 1857, downtown and Wallace St in the center of the block immediately W from the square. Revitalization project underway plan to restore and showcase the city’s oldest building to serve as a tourist and community center.
Some of the very nearby attractions include:
- Bend: Alamosa Wine Cellers: 325-628-3313; 677 CR 430, Bend, TX 76824. www.alamosawinecellars.com. 3 mi W of Bend on Hwy 580 between Lampasas and San Saba
- Brady: Golf, Music Museums; Courthouse & Jail; Historic Train Depot
- Historic Regency Bridge: Suspension bridge over Colorado River, 143 ft, circa 1939 re-erected, at the Mills County line on CR 433 (just off FM 500) in Regency at northern border of the county. The only suspension bridge in Texas still open to vehicle traffic. The original bridge was built in 1903 as the area's first Colorado River bridge; it fell into the river in 1924, was replaced and again destroyed in a 1936 flood. Go N from town on TX 16, left onto FM 500. Photos & Map
- Lampasas: Downtown National Historical District; Pillar Bluff Vineyards; Texas Legato Winery; Keystone Square Museum; Hanna Springs Sculpture Garden; Golf; Mayborn Planetarium & Space Theater
- Llano: Parks; Golf; Hill Country Wildlife Museum; Llano County Historical Museum; Lantex Theater
- Richland Springs: Rising Star Winery
- Bend: Colorado Bend State Park
- Lake Buchanan Area: Canyon Of The Eagles Nature Park; State & LCRA Parks
- Llano: Badu City Park, Leonard Grenwelge County Park, Moore Memorial Park, Ray House & Grounds, Robinson City Park
- San Saba: San Saba River Nature Park: US 190, just E of downtown. An LCRA development, managed by City of San Saba. The 40-acre park includes camping, fishing, hike and bike trails, wildlife viewing and archaeological interpretive areas.
- Local city parks include:
- Mill Pond Park: 325-372-3212; US 190, San Saba, TX 76877. Just E of downtown, this is a 71 acre, city owned and maintained park including San Saba Mill House and spring-fed water wheel, picnic sites, pool, pavilion, civic center, County Museum, Mill Pond House (erected 1875, restored 1956, used by the Garden Club), hiking trails, tennis courts, baseball field, playground and more.
- Risien Park: 325-372-3212; US 190 E of San Saba, TX 76877. Park is bordered on one side by the beautiful San Saba River and full of shady pecan trees. Picnic sites, playgrounds, a pavilion, volleyball courts and a rock amphitheatre. Tent Camping Only
- Rogan Field: Downtown, 1 bk N of US 190, at 4th St, San Saba TX 86977
- Jan: Livestock Show & Youth Fair
- Apr: Easter Egg Hunt
- May: Street Dance
- Jun: Pro Rodeo: Team Roping; County Pecan Fest & Street Dance, 1st WE, at Rodeo Grounds; EMS Fish Fry; Cow Camp Cook-Off; 5K & 10K Walk/Run; Golf Tournament; Crazy Country Cook-off, 1st WE, at Risien Park; Performance Talent Boot Camp, last WE at Civic Center
- Jul: Fireworks in the Park: July 4th, Mill Pond Park
- Sep: Pecan Capital Street Dance: Homecoming WE, at Courthouse Square; San Saba Fiesta Patrias: 2nd WE, at Risien Park
- Oct: Fire Dept Steak Supper; San Saba River Pecan Jam On The Square: 3rd Sat
- Nov: Hunters Welcome Weekend: 1st WE; County Health Fair; Holiday Shindig: shopping booths at Civic Center
- Dec: County Pecan Food Show & Bake Sale: 1st week, at Courthouse; Garden Club Tour of Homes, http://sansaba.agrilife.org
- Nov-Jan: Mill Pond Christmas Spectacular: Mid-Nov thru 1st WE in Jan. Children can have their pictures taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus while families take advantage of the downtown merchants extended hours and complete their last minute shopping, all the while enjoying vendors, live music and drawings. Contact Chamber (see above). Begins at 6p at 8th and Wallace Street across from San Saba High School; Sip 'N Stroll & Lighted Christmas Parade: Parade includes individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations, motorized vehicles and much more. Held on 2nd Sat in Dec, Starts at Courthouse.
- On-Going Events: Pecan Capital Trade Days: 325-372-8291; 1st Sat, 8a-2p. At the Courthouse Square: Mar-June, and Sep-Nov; Dec in Civic Center. www.sansabatexas.com/tradeday.htm
WEATHER: Local Weather; Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: See full details in Directory below.
- On-Line News: Google News; Topix
- Newspaper: San Saba News & Star: 325-372-5115; www.sansabanews.com;
Little Paper: 325-622-4322
- Radio: KBAL, 325-372-5225, www.KbalRadio.com; KNUZ 106.1 FM; KNVR 1410 AM
- TV, Videos, Articles:
HISTORY: Handbook of Texas Online: "It took root on the agricultural frontier in the 1850s and developed rapidly as the political and commercial center of San Saba County. In 1855 ranchers and cotton growers first settled the banks of the San Saba River, from which the settlement took its name. When the county was organized a year later, San Saba won election as the county seat. Baptist and Methodist congregations were the first to hold services in the community. By 1857 a post office had been opened and the first county courthouse completed. The court building also served as a school and meetinghouse until it was replaced in the 1880s. Cattle drives, sheep ranching, and cotton cultivation sustained the town's steady growth after the Civil War. By the 1890s San Saba had established itself as a finance, processing, and marketing center for county farmers and ranchers. Merchants and craftsmen supplied settlers on the expanding frontier with wagons, farm implements, furniture, and clothing. The local economy also supported legal, banking, and medical services. The San Saba County News, promoted as the first newspaper in West Texas, began publication in 1873. The News, which consolidated with the San Saba Star in the 1960s, was still in publication more than a century later. Within two decades of its founding the town had a population of 1,200, two newspapers, a bank, and an active gin and mill industry that processed the cotton and grains produced in the San Saba River valley. The local economy apparently sagged by 1900, when the population dropped below 900. Completion of a branch line of the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway through San Saba in 1911 revived the town, which by 1925 had 2,000 residents.
San Saba weathered the Great Depression without a dramatic loss of either residential or business population. A flood in 1938-when the San Saba River inundated a third of the city and displaced numerous families and businesses-took a heavier toll. The town nevertheless recorded a 30 percent increase in population during the decade. On the eve of World War II more than 2,900 people lived in the recently incorporated county seat. Growth slowed but continued through the war and early postwar years until a three-year drought in the mid-1950s set back the local economy. From a postwar peak of 3,400, the population of San Saba fell to 2,336 in the early 1980s. Recovery from that low was incomplete in 1986, when the town recorded just half the number of businesses that it supported before the drought; nevertheless, the population exceeded 2,800. Industry in San Saba remained based on the agricultural economy of the surrounding area, which changed to reflect the post-World War II concentration on the cultivation of wheat, pecans, peanuts, fruit, and grain sorghum, and on cattle, sheep, and goat ranching. San Saba calls itself the "Pecan Capital of the World." In the mid-1970s local concerns manufactured pecan-harvesting and livestock-loading equipment, and processors prepared meat, pecans, and poultry feed for shipment. The production of construction materials was also significant. Tourism-especially hunting and fishing-also became important."
Named for the San Saba River. Birthplace of actors Tommy Lee Jones and Christian Mixon. Featured in the novel "No Country For Old Men" by Cormac McCarthy. Subject of local author Alma Ward Hamrick's book "Call Of The San Saba," the history of San Saba County.
San Saba Historical Commission: 325-372-8807; 500 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabachc.org
PRIOR CITY NAMES: None
HISTORICAL MARKERS: See Texas Historical Commission's Historic Sites Atlas: http://atlas.thc.state.tx.us. Includes interactive map plus detailed descriptions of historical markers, cemeteries, museums, all searchable by county.
There are a large number of markers throughout the San Saba area.
CEMETERIES: See THC Historic Sites Atlas above.
- "Shorty" Brown: US 190, E of town
- San Saba City Cemetery: TX 16, N of town
- Hill Crest: TX 16, S of town
OTHER PROFILES: City Data; ePodunk; Texas Escapes; Travel Texas; Wikipedia
Within town, TX 16 (runs N-S) is called "High Street".
Within town, US 190 (runs E-W) is called "Wallace Street".
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections
& digital photos, without compensation. Send to:
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
JC CAMPBELL & CO MERCANTILE: 325-372-5865; 318 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
ARMADILLO CAR WASH: 325-372-1299; 906 N High St, San Saba TX 76877
CAR QUEST AUTO PARTS: 325-372-3598; San Saba, TX 76877. www.carquest.com
GOLDING MOTORS: 325-372-5707; 310 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877. www.goldingmotors.com
HAC WRECKER & RECOVERY SERVICE: 325-372-5775; 611 E Wallace, San Saba TX 76877
HAMRICK'S AUTO CENTER: 325-372-5775; 888-356-4126; 611 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.hamricksautocenter.com
HAMRICK'S PARTS PLUS: 325-372-3598; 606 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
S & W DIESEL REPAIR: 325-372-4875; 1604 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA CAR WASH: 325-373-5072; San Saba, TX 76877
SHAHAN AUTO PARTS: 325-372-5221; 510 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877
ARROWHEAD BANK: 325-372-5123; 301 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.arrowheadbanktexas.com
CAPITAL FARM CREDIT: 325-372-5151; 206 S High St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.capitalfarmcredit.com
CITY NATIONAL BANK OF SAN SABA: 325-372-5721; 209 E Brown, San Saba, TX 76877. www.cnbss.com
COMMERCIAL NATIONAL BANK: 325-372-2961; 307 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.cnbbrady.com
FIRST AG CREDIT: 325-372-5151; 206 S High St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.agmoney.com
ASSEMBLY OF GOD:
ASSEMBLY OF GOD: 325-372-3265; 1205 S High St, San Saba, TX 76877
BIBLE BAPTIST CHURCH: 325-372-3450, San Saba, TX 76877
CENTRAL BAPTIST CHURCH: 325-372-1186; 101 W Brown, San Saba, TX 76877
(THE) CHURCH OF THE OPEN DOOR: 325-372-4676; TX 16 N & FM 500, San Saba, TX 76877
(THE) FATHER'S HOUSE: 325-372-5916; 704 E Commerce, San Saba TX 76877. www.tfh-ss.org
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH: 325-372-5761; 208 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabafbc.org
HOLT BAPTIST CHURCH: Holt Community, San Saba, TX 76877
HOPE BAPTIST CHURCH: 325-463-5327; Old Hope Rd, San Saba, TX 76877
PARKVIEW BAPTIST CHURCH: 325-372-5090; US 190, San Saba, TX 76877
PECAN GROVE BAPTIST CHURCH: 325-372-5669; Pecan Grove Rd, San Saba, TX 76877
PRIMERA IGLESIA BAUTISTA: 325-372-3776; 605 W Annex, San Saba, TX 76877
ST. MARY'S CATHOLIC CHURCH: 325-372-3679; 504 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
CHRISTADELPHIAN CHURCH: 101 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877
CHURCH OF CHRIST:
CHURCH OF CHRIST: 325-372-5584; 201 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabachurchofchrist.org
WEST SIDE CHURCH OF CHRIST: 1806 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
ST. LUKE'S EPISCOPAL: 601 W Dry, San Saba, TX 76877. http://stlukessansaba.com
FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH: 325-372-3120; 204 W Brown, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabafirstumc.com
ABUNDANT LIFE MINISTRIES: 325-372-3582; 301 N High, San Saba, TX 76877
(THE) FATHER'S HOUSE: 325-372-5916; 704 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877
VICTORY CHURCH: 325-372-3821; 409 E Brown, San Saba, TX 76877
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH: 325-372-5311; 207 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877
NEW HOPE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH: 325-372-3655; San Saba, TX 76877
OTHER COMMUNITY CHURCHES:
IGLESIA VICTORIA Y' LIBERTAD: 325-372-3409; 335 CR 112A, San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA COWBOY CHURCH; 325-365-1998; Lookout & Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877
UNITED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH: 325-372-3036; 1002 N Cherokee, San Saba, TX 76877
VICTORY & LIBERTY CHURCH: 325-372-3221; 335 CR 112A, San Saba, TX 76877
PHILLIPS 66: W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
RR FUEL STOP: 325-372-3027; 604 N 8th, San Saba, TX 76877
RICK'S ONE STOP: 325-372-6028; 309 N High St (TX 16), San Saba, TX 76877
SHELL STATION - BERKLY ENTERPRISES: 325-372-3103; 301 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
STAFFORD CHEVRON & HARDWARE: 325-372-5520; 705 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
STRIPES: W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
SUPER S: 325-372-4191; 1204 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
TOWN & COUNTRY: 325-372-6520; 1306 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
WEST END GAS: 325-372-3253; 1802 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
7-ELEVEN: 325-372-3482; 106 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
SAN SABA CITY POLICE: 325-372-3489; San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA SHERIFF: 325-372-5551; 104 S Water St; San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA VOLUNTEER EMS: Non emergencies: 325-372-5788 and 6016; 607 E Commerce St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabaems.com
SAN SABA VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT: Non emergencies: 325-372-5544; San Saba, TX 76877
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
SAN SABA RIVER GOLF COURSE:
723 CR 102, San Saba, TX 76877.
Public, municipal, 18 holes, 6904 yds, par 72, PGA-certified. Course winds along San Saba River. A large number of pecan trees within the park grounds. Adjacent to city-run RV campground.
LOCAL CITY GOVERNMENT:
CITY OF SAN SABA: 325-372-5144; >Intersection of TX 16 & 190, POB 788, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabatexas.com, email@example.com
SAN SABA CITY HUMAN SERVICES OFFICE: 325-372-5188
SAN SABA CIVIC CENTER: 325-372-5440; Located at Mill Pond Park, this modern facility includes a large auditorium, stage, kitchen, meeting rooms, indoor basketball court, volleyball court, and work out room. Available for rental for meetings, concerts, reunions, weddings, and more. Built in 2000 with attractive stone and landscaped rock fountain and pond.
LOCAL COUNTY GOVERNMENT: See: San Saba County Government Offices
STATE & FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: For offices that represent the Hill Country,
see: Texas & Federal Government Offices
DISTRICT COURTS AND DISTRICT ATTORNEY: See State & Federal Offices. Includes the 33rd and 424th District Courts.
HOUSING AUTHORITY OF SAN SABA: 325-372-5236; 1601 West Dry, San Saba, TX 76877
TEXAS A&M AGRILIFE EXTENSION SERVICE: http://agrilifeextension.tamu.edu. Mission is to improve the lives of people, businesses and communities across Texas and beyond through high quality, relevant education. See full Focus Topic Profile at: AgriLife
Local: San Saba County, 325-372-5416; San Saba County Courthouse, 500 E Wallace, Rm 102, San Saba, TX 76877. Agent: Carolyn McDowell, Neal Alexander. http://san-saba-tx.tamu.edu, firstname.lastname@example.org
TEXAS DEPT OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE - SAN SABA UNIT: 325-372-4255; 206 S Wallace Creek Rd, off US 190 W, San Saba, TX 76877. http://tdcj.state.tx.us/unit_directory/n2.html. State prison
TEXAS DEPT OF STATE HEALTH SERVICES - WOMEN, INFANTS AND CHILDREN (WIC) PROGRAM:
HQ: 800-942-3678; 1100 W 49th St, Austin, TX 78756. www.dshs.state.tx.us/wichd
Nutrition education, breast feeding support and education, WIC foods – infant formula, milk, cereal, cheese, peanut butter, beans, eggs and juice.
Local WIC clinic: 325-372-3393; 2005 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
TEXAS PARKS & WILDLIFE DEPT (TPWD): 512-288-0895; www.tpwd.state.tx.us. See Parks. Provides technical assistance to landowners in all aspects of native wildlife and habitat management, including game, non-game, and endangered species. Experts available to assist in the preparation of detailed wildlife management plans. Operates state parks. Game warden.
Local resources: Game Wardens: Cooper, Eric: 325-248-5479; Reeves, Bradley D: 325-423-4032. Offices with Sheriff, 325-372-5551.
US POSTAL SERVICE (USPS): 800-275-8777; www.usps.com
Local post office: 325-372-5022; 603 S High St, San Saba, TX 76877-9998
MAINTENANCE, REPAIR SERVICES & SUPPLIES
ACE HARDWARE (SUPER S): 325-372-4191; 1204 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.acehardware.com
ARMADILLO TRUCKING: 325-372-5909; 630 S TX 16, San Saba, TX 76877
BARNES & MCCULLOUGH LUMBER: 325-372-3536; 110 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. Building materials
BAXTER SAND & GRAVEL: 325-372-6314; San Saba, TX 76877
BAEZ CONSTRUCTION & HOME RENTAL: 325-372-7297; San Saba, TX 76877
BURNHAM'S PAINT & SUPPLY: 325-372-6067; 105 N Clear St, San Saba, TX 76877
CAMPBELL ELECTRIC HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING: 325-372-5197; 2302 W Brown St, San Saba, TX 76877
GEORGE AMTHOR, INC: 325-372-5522; 201 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. Building contractor
HARKEY'S MATERIALS: 325-372-5656, 1508 W Brown, San Saba, TX 76877
ISHAM ELECTRIC: 325-372-3761; 107 N Harwood St, San Saba, TX 76877
J & J TRACTOR & EQUIPMENT REPAIR: 325-372-6032; 1209 W Pierce, San Saba, TX 76877
KINGS RO WATER STORE: 325-597-1244; 707 1/2 High St, San Saba TX 76877
M AMTHOR CONSTRUCTION: 325-372-7028; San Saba, TX 76877. Building contractor
MARVIN WEATHERBY: 325-372-3324; 4998 N TX 16, San Saba, TX 76877. Ranch Improvements
PECAN VALLEY HARDWARE: 325-372-5443; 602 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877. On the Square
RANCH IMPROVEMENTS-MARVIN R. WEATHERBY: 325-372-3324; San Saba TX 76877
RIGGS FEED & FERTILIZER: 325-372-3119; 1003 S Pierce, San Saba, TX 76877
RIVER CITY PAINT: 325-372-6067; San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA EQUINE SUPPLY: 325-372-3651; 2408 W Brown St, San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA NEW HOLLAND: 325-372-5146; 1604 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
STAFFORD CHEVRON & HARDWARE: 325-372-5520; 705 E Wallace, San Saba TX 76877
TEXAS WATERWELL SERVICES: 325-452-3256; San Saba, TX 76877
TNT DOZERS, LLC: 325-372-8866; San Saba, TX 76877
TONY COMBS: 325-372-5435; San Saba, TX 76877. Dry wall finishing, painting
TRUJILLO FENCING: 325-372-7897; San Saba, TX 76877
1 SOURCE TECHNICAL SERVICES: 325-641-8811; 11934 Hwy 84 E, Zephyr, TX 76890. Electrical
DAY & SEASON HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES:
See full list of leases for this town at: Hunting & Fishing.
TAXIDERMY & MEAT PROCESSING:
COATS TAXIDERMY: 979-229-7873; 915 E US 190, San Saba TX 76877
HIBLER FAMILY SLAUGHTER & PROCESSING: 325-372-5195; 103 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
HUNTING, FISHING, SPORTING GOODS, SPECIALTY EQUIPMENT & SUPPLY STORES:
DUKE'S AMMO & MORE: 325-372-3209; 825 E US 190, San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA PRODUCE: 325-372-5181; 514 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877. Deer corn, deer chow, deer feeders, timers, batteries.
ALLSTATE INSURANCE AGENCY: 325-372-5255; 301 N High St, San Saba, TX 76877
BASKIN INSURANCE AGENCY: 325-372-5255; 301 N High St, San Saba, TX 76877
CLAYBORNE NETTLESHIP: 325-372-5549; 601 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
FARMERS INSURANCE: 325-372-5549; 601 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.farmersagent.com/dpotts. David Potts
GAGE INSURANCE AGENCY: 325-372-4255; 108 N High St, San Saba, TX 76877
SEIS PRIMOS: 325-372-3342; 601 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
SELECT RELOCATION INSURANCE SERVICES: 325-372-4294; 417 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
STATE FARM INSURANCE: 325-372-5733; 1107 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.mikethomasagency.com
TEXAS FARM BUREAU INSURANCE: 325-372-5261; 107 S High St, San Saba, TX 76877. Web
WOODRUFF DON INSURANCE: 325-372-5072; 1207 W Storey St, San Saba, TX 76877
AUNT M'S ILLUSTRATED INN: 325-372-4900; 203 W Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877. www.auntmsillustratedinn.com
BURNHAM'S LODGING: 325-372-6067; 325-248-3271; 105 N Clear, San Saba, TX 76877. www.BurnhamsLodging.com
BAR D INN & SUITES: 325-372-7530; 702 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.bardinnandsuites.com
EXECUTIVE INN: 325-372-5193; 1010 N High, San Saba, TX 76877. www.executiveinnsansaba.com
FLYING H RIVER CABIN: 512-415-0137; 8940 Hwy 190 E, San Saba, TX 76877. www.flyinghrivercabin.com. Vacation Rental
FREEDOM ACRES RETREAT & GUEST HOUSE: 325-372-3881; 888-460-9248; 744 CR 110, San Saba, TX 76877. www.centex.net/~joerags
HILL COUNTRY INN: 325-372-4113; 1805 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA RIVER BUNKHOUSE: 325-372-4131; 500 Weigman Ln, San Saba, TX 76877
SOAP'S PLACE: 325-372-5410; 325-372-0362; 4155 US 190, San Saba, TX 76877. www.soapslodge.com
STONE OAK COTTAGE: 325-372-3328; 1007 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.stoneoakcottage.com
SULPHUR SPRINGS CAMP: 325-628-3252, 2935 CR 446 (7174 FM 580), San Saba, TX 76877. www.BendTexas.com
TWO RIVERS LODGE: 325-372-3452; 1-877-895-6343; 2301 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. sansabalodging.com
Also see nearby Bend for more lodging
BAYLOR-SCOTT & WHITE SPECIALTY CLINIC: 325-372-5163; 2005 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sw.org/location/san-saba
BRADY HEALTH CARE SERVICES: 325-372-3897; San Saba, TX 76877. www.BradyHealthCareServices.com
CULLY FAMILY DENTISTRY: 325-372-5516; 102 S Hope, San Saba, TX 76877. www.cullyfamilydentistry.com. Dentist
EVENTIDE NURSING HOME: 325-372-5112; 1405 W Storey, San Saba, TX 76877
EVERETT'S PHARMACY: 325-372-3033; 401 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.everettspharmacy.com
GUARDIAN HEALTHCARE: 325-372-3196; 800-672-3196; 301 E Wallace, Ste 201, San Saba, TX 76877. www.guardmyhealth.com
HEALTH ONE SOURCE CLINIC: 325-372-5701; 403 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
HEART OF TEXAS INTERNAL MEDICINE SAN SABA: 325-372-5701; 403 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
HOME CHIROPRACTIC: 325-372-5161; 405 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
(DR. KEITH) HUDSON: 325-372-5555; 506 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877. Dentist
LLANO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL: 915-372-5081; 200 W Ollie St, San Saba, TX 76877
PECAN VALLEY NURSING & REHAB: 325-372-5112; 1405 W Storey, San Saba, TX 76877. www.eventidenursinghome.org
REEVES CHIROPRACTIC: 325-372-4062; 2007 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA NURSING HOME: 325-372-5179; 608 S Edgewood, San Saba, TX 76877
ARMADILLO DISTRIBUTING, LLC: 325-643-4437; San Saba, TX 76877
ARMADILLO IRON, LLC: 325-372-4766; San Saba, TX 76877. Fitness facility
BB GOATS: 325-205-0931; 1825 fm 1480, San Saba, TX 76877
BLAYLOCK FUNERAL HOME OF SAN SABA: 325-372-1114; 143 Nixon LN, San Saba, TX 76877. www.blaylockfuneralhome.com
BODY BY DESIGN: 325-451-4646; 302 Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877. Gym & fitness
CUTTIN UP: 325-372-5521; 107 N Cherokee, San Saba, TX 76877. Salon & barber
DELTA RED TRAINING GROUP: 512-264-1951; 4772 US 190, San Saba, TX 7887. www.deltared.com. Firearms training, gun range
DOWNTOWN VIDEO: 325-372-6456; 116 S Cherokee, San Saba, TX 76877. On the square
GRAY-LEIGH WILSON QUARTER HORSES: 325-372-1242; San Saba, TX 76877. www.glwilsonquarterhorses.com. Horses for sale, reining, reined cow horses, roping, barrel racing.
HAMRICK'S BAIL BONDS: 325-372-5775; 611 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
HERITAGE FUNERAL HOMES: 325-372-3923; 1901 W Wallace, San Saba TX 76877. www.heritagefuneraltx.com
HOWELL-DORAN FUNERAL HOME: 325-372-3923; 1901 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
JC SMITH COMPANY: 325-372-5786; 471 S TX 16, San Saba, TX 76877. www.jcsmithco.com. Cattle feed
JG WILSON & SISTERS RANCH: 325-372-6162; San Saba, TX 76877
JORDAN CATTLE AUCTION: 325-372-5159; 1310 US 190 W, San Saba, TX 76877. www.jordancattle.com
KBAL SAN SABA RADIO (Ft Bend Broadcasting): 325-372-5224; San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabaradio.com. KNUZ/KNVR, see below, same programming
KNUZ 106.1 FM: San Saba, TX 76877. Country
KNVR 1410 AM: San Saba, TX 76877. Country
KEENEY LAUNDRY: 325-372-7128; San Saba, TX 76877
LAGRANGE BROADCASTING: 325-372-5225; www.sansabaradio.com.
(ROBERT DARWIN) LEWIS, CPA: 325-372-5785; 304 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. Accountant
LITTLE BUTANE COMPANY: 325-372-5326; 2702 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
(THE) LITTLE PAPER: 325-622-4322; POB 123, San Saba, TX 76877
MARVIN RIGGS CO: 325-372-3138; 507 S Edgewood, San Saba, TX 76877. Wholesale Grain Dealer
MILL CREEK SQUARE APARTMENTS: 325-372-6005; 307 E Green St, San Saba, TX 76877
(CLAYBORNE L.) NETTLESHIP LAW OFFICE: 325-372-5613; San Saba, TX 78877
PHOTOS BY VNA: 325-372-4611; San Saba, TX 78877. www.photosbyvna.com
RICHARD ARONS RANCH: 325-372-6127; San Saba, TX 76877
SALON 111: 325-372-4150; 111 S High St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.salon111tx.com
SAN SABA GUN CLUB: 325-372-3209; San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA NEWS & STAR: 325-372-5115; 505 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabanews.com. First newspaper in West Texas, founded 1873
SAN SABA PRINTING & OFFICE SUPPLY: 325-372-3825; 2404 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.SanSabaPrinting.com
SECOND TIME AROUND RESALE: 325-372-6887; 311 N High, San Saba, TX 76877
SENTERFITT REUBEN, ATTORNEY: 325-372-3434; 1403 W Dry St, San Saba, TX 76877
SENTERFITT RANCH: 325-372-3434; 1403 W Dry St, San Saba, TX 76877
(JAMES KEITH) SHAHAN, CPA: 325-372-5727; 1102 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. Accountant
(KEVIN) SHAHAN, CPA: 325-372-4613; 1102 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.KevinShahan.com. www.KevinShahan.com. Accountant
SPRING CREEK OUTDOORS LLC: 325-623-5464; POB 773, San Saba, TX 76877. www.springcreekoutdoors.com
TRISH FULLERTON DESIGN: 325-372-3084; 505 N Hope St, San Saba TX 76877
TYLER TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS: 325-205-3139; Riverview Cr, San Saba, TX 76877
UP A CREEK: 325-372-8881; Mill Pond Park, San Saba TX 76877
VAUGHN ADVERTISING & PHOTOGRAPHY: 325-372-5618; 108 N 9th St, San Saba, TX 76877
W.O. PARKS LIVESTOCK CO: 325-372-7117; 505 W Dry, San Saba, TX 76877
YATES FARMS: 325-623-5621; San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA COUNTY HISTORICAL MUSEUM: 325-372-5238; Thomas Stewart Dr, at Mill Pond Park, downtown, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabamuseum.org. Located within the Park, off US 190, a half mi E of the Courthouse. Housed in two 100-year-old log cabins contained within an outer building, this museum interprets the county's rich history from settlement days to pecan fame. Open Sat-Sun, April through Oct, and by appointment.
CENTRAL TEXAS FOOD BANK: 512-282-2111; 6500 Metropolis Dr, Austin, TX 78744. www.centraltexasfoodbank.org. Charity mission is to nourish hungry people and lead the community in ending hunger. Serves: Blanco, Burnet, Gillespie, Hays, Lampasas, Llano, San Saba, Travis and Williamson counties.
Local partner: San Saba Civic Center, 1190 S Thomas Stewart, San Saba. Food distribution on 2nd and 4th Wed, 10a-Noon. 1 box of food per household; Must be 18 or older; Bring bags/boxes to carry groceries home
COMMUNITY FOUNDATION OF SAN SABA COUNTY, INC: San Saba, TX 76877. Non-profit dedicated to assisting the city and county in revitalization projects designed to make San Saba an attractive destination for historical tourism.
DAUGHTERS OF THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS: www.drtinfo.org. Mission is to perpetuate the memory and spirit of our ancestors by encouraging historical research into the earliest records of Texas. Open to those who can trace ancestry to a relative living under the Republic who served in some way.
Local: San Saba River
HILL COUNTRY COMMUNITY ACTION ASSOCIATION: 325-372-5167; 2905 W Wallace, POB 846, San Saba, TX 76877. www.hccaa.com. Dedicated to providing opportunities and resources to improve the lives of Central Texans. Promotes the reduction of poverty, the revitalization of low-income communities, and the empowerment of families and individuals in our service area to achieve economic self-sufficiency and maintain personal independence. Serves counties of: San Saba, Mills, Llano, Mason, Bell, Coryell, Hamilton, Lampasas and Milam.
OFF THE BEATEN PATH MINISTRIES, INC: 325-372-3276; 1306 W. Brown St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.deevickeryministries.com. A non-profit, Christ-centered alternative family violence intervention and prevention organization reaching out to families affected by family abuse.
ROTARY CLUB: www.rotary.org. Rotary is a worldwide organization of business, professional, and community leaders. Members of Rotary clubs, known as Rotarians, provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
Local Rotarians: San Saba Rotary Club: 325-372-8540/5112; Enedina Diaz
RYLANDER MEMORIAL LIBRARY: 325-372-3079; 103 S Live Oak St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabalibrary.org
SAN SABA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 325-372-5141;
120 S Cherokee St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabachamber.com
SAN SABA MULTI-SERVICE SENIOR CENTER: 325-372-5833; 705 E Storey, San Saba TX 76877
TEXAS FARM BUREAU - SAN SABA COUNTY: 325-372-5261; 107 S High St, San Saba, TX 76877.
A county-wide non-profit, providing a political voice regarding agriculture,
as well as insurance, financing and education services.
Note: Churches, museums, schools and some other non-profits are listed on this page in their own separate category.
Note: For county-wide non-profits, public service & social service organizations, see: San Saba County
Note: For Hill Country-wide non-profits, public service and social service organizations, see Hill Country Information
ALAMO PECAN & COFFEE COMPANY: 325-372-5275; 877-618-9089; 601 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.alamopecanandcoffee.com
BONEY & CLAUD'S: 325-372-6887; 311 N High (TX 16), San Saba, TX 76877. "Pecan Emporium and Country Store", www.BoneyAndClauds.com
DONER PECAN COMPANY: 325-372-5623; 1707 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
(THE) GREAT SAN SABA RIVER PECAN CO: 325-372-6078; 234 US 190, San Saba, TX 76877. www.greatpecans.com
MILLICAN PECAN COMPANY: 325-372-4026; 1101 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.pecancompany.com
OLIVER PECAN COMPANY: 325-372-5771; 1402 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.oliverpecan.com
R. B. BAGLEY PECANS, GIFTS & MORE: 325-372-4700; 412 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA PECAN, LP: 325-372-5727; 2803 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.SanSabaPecan.com
WILLIAMS PECAN CO: 325-372-5146; 1604 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA ANIMAL CONTROL: 325-372-7875; Located at the city recycling plant, just south of the San Saba River Golf Course. www.sansabatexas.com/city-departments/animal-control. A division of the San Saba Police Department, directed by Jason Voge, Animal Control Director. Enforces the animal control city ordinances and state laws inside the city limits. Works closely with the San Saba County Friends of Animals to routinely seek placement and adoption of impounded dogs and cats. The animal shelter is a State Certified Rabies Quarantine Facility. Mon-Fri 8a-4:30p. Closed Sat-Sun
SAN SABA ANIMAL HOSPITAL: 325-372-5445; 608 N High St, San Saba, TX 76877
SAN SABA COUNTY FRIENDS OF ANIMALS: 720-849-4201; POB 423, San Saba, TX 76877. Facebook. All-volunteer 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to help homeless animals in San Saba County. We are working toward building a shelter to receive and care for animals in our county who need assistance in finding new homes. While we pursue that goal, we are doing what we can to help through socialization and placement of adoptable animals in the San Saba municipal shelter who are in danger of being euthanized for lack of space. Our group also helps to reunite lost pets with their owners. We encourage responsible pet ownership, including spay/neuter to reduce the unwanted pet population and proper vaccination of pets.
Note: See separate listing sections for horses, riding, equestrian, sitters and other care.
GENE STEWART REAL ESTATE: 325-372-5082; 888-384-5777; 1307 Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.genestewartrealestate.com
MARTIN & WHITTEN REAL ESTATE: 325-372-4011; 800-215-8214; 601 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.martinandwhittenrealestate.com; www.sansabaland.com
MOSSY OAK PROPERTIES OF TEXAS - SAN SABA DIVISION: 325-372-4011; 601 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.moptex.com
RAGSDALE RANCH REALTY: 325-372-4377; 301 E Wallace, Ste 105, San Saba, TX 76877. www.ragsdaleranchrealty.com. Arrowhead Plaza
SLOAN & COMPANY REAL ESTATE: 325-372-5015; 508 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877. S side of the Square. www.sloancompany.org
TEXAS DIRT DEALERS (formerly MCKINNERNEY REAL ESTATE): 325-452-3357; 608 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.texasdirtdealers.com
WARD MCKEE REAL ESTATE: 325-372-3207; 2401 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
CENTRAL TEXAS HOME INSPECTIONS: 325-205-0601; San Saba, TX 76877
CHILDRESS & SHOOK LAW/SAN SABA COUNTY ABSTRACT & TITLE COMPANY: 325-372-5791; 200 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. Also Stewart Title
GMA ENGINEERING & SURVEYING: 325-372-3028; 1807 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
PECAN CAPITAL TITLE COMPANY: 325-372-3228; 325-372-6501; 414 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
SURETY TITLE CO: 325-372-6501; 325-372-6441; 314 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.suretytitleco.com
ALAMO PECAN & COFFEE: 325-372-5275; 601 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. Coffee Shop & Pecans
BAR D BREWHOUSE: 325-372-6100; 213 N High St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.bardbrewhouse.com. Restaurant & Brewery
COMMIE'S TACOS: 325-372-5780; 101 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. Mexican
DAIRY MART: 325-372-5433; 1203 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. Fast food
DAIRY QUEEN: 325-372-5214; 1508 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. Fast food
DIGGS STEAK HOUSE: 325-372-3010; 1035 E US 190, San Saba, TX 76877. www.diggssansaba.com
DOUBLE G PIT STOP & BEER BARN: 325-372-5546; 1108 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. BBQ
EL JALAPENO: 325-372-3998; 1006 N High, San Saba, TX 76877. Mexican
GAGE'S BBQ: 325-372-4169; 706 N High, San Saba, TX 76877
LARRY'S CORNER CAFE: 325-372-5094; 902 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. Mexican
LITTLE KITCHEN: 325-372-3494; 214 N High St, San Saba, TX 76877. Asian
PEPPERBELLY'S: 325-372-4462; 517 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. Mexican food. www.sspepperbellys.com
PREMIUM PIZZA: 254-285-7145; San Saba, TX 76877
RICK'S ONE STOP PIZZA: 325-372-6028; 307 N High St (TX 16), San Saba, TX 76877
SHADE TREE COOKERY: 325-330-2436; San Saba, TX 76877. Cajun
SONIC DRIVE-IN: 325-372-4680; 1006 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.SonicDriveIn.com
SUBWAY: 325-372-6518; 1306 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
TACOS MI CASA: 325-372-3676; San Saba, TX 76877
TOP DONUTS: 325-372-3121; 106 S Cherokee, San Saba, TX 76877. Bakery
ALCO STORE/376: 372-248-4870; 152 FM 130, San Saba TX 76877. www.alcostores.com. Home Decor, Hardware, Clothing, Food
BILL'S SEASONING COMPANY: 325-372-3225; 1002 W Church St, San Saba TX 76877. www.billsseasoning.com
DEL JARDIN: 325 347-4709; 8267 E FM 501, San Saba, TX 76877. www.deljardintejas.net
DOLLAR GENERAL: 372-372-3271, 301 E Kelly Ln, S High St, San Saba TX 76877. www.dollargeneral.com
DUKE'S AMMO & MORE: 325-372-3209; 403 S Live Oak, San Saba TX 76877. www.dukesammo.com
EVERETT'S FURNITURE & EMPORIUM: 325-372-4299; 310 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877. http://everettsfurnitureandemporium-sansaba-tx.brandsdirect.com
(THE) FLOWER GARDEN-SAN SABA FLORIST: 325-372-4722; 407 S High St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sansabaflorist.com
FRANK'S WATCH & TROPHY SHOP: 325-372-3307; 503 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
G&R GROCERY & MARKET: 325-372-3364; 502 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877
HARRY'S BOOTS: 325-372-3636; E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877. www.harrysboots.com
HAWG WALLER LIQUORS: 325-372-2337; 808 TX 16 S, San Saba, TX 76877
HOW GREAT THOU ART GALLERY: San Saba, TX 76877
JC CAMPBELL & CO MERCANTILE: 325-372-5865; 318 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
KAT'S BLING & MARK'S THINGS: 325-372-8600; 111 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
LIZZY B'S JUNK & JEWELS: 325-372-1137; 1101 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
LOWE'S MARKET/SUPER S FOODS STORE: 325-372-4191; 1204 W Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.supersfoods.com
ORGANICS N' GIFTS: 310-872-9585; 415 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
(THE) ROSE SHOP: 325-372-5039; 2001 W Commerce St, San Saba, TX 76877.
SAN SABA OLIVE OIL COMPANY: 325-372-4999; 207 E Wallace St, San Saba TX 76877. www.sansabaoliveoilcompany.com
SAN SABA PRODUCE: 325-372-5181; 514 E Commerce, San Saba, TX 76877
SECOND TIME AROUND: 325-372-6887; 311 N High, San Saba, TX 76877. Resale shop
SISTERS COUNTRY STORE: 325-372-5030; 410 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877. www.sisterscountrystore.net
SPIRAL HORN RANCH & APIARY: 325-463-5319; 8247 FM 502, Rochelle, TX 76872. www.spiralhornapiary.com. Honey production
SOUTHERN FINDS: 325-372-8600; 111 E Wallace St, San Saba, TX 76877
6 PAK: 706 N High, San Saba, TX 76877
Also see Pecans, above
SAN SABA RIVER RV PARK: 325-372-3212; 723 CR 102, San Saba, TX 76877. http://golfsansaba.com/rvpark.htm
MILL POND RV PARK: 325-372-5144; Water St at Mill Pond Park, San Saba, TX 76877
- HILL COUNTRY COMMUNITY ACTION ASSOCIATION, INC: 325-372-5167; 2905 W Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877
- SAN SABA HEAD START: 325-372-3181; 901 W Storey St, San Saba, TX 76877
- San Saba Elementary School: 325-372-3019
- San Saba Middle School: 325-372-3200
- San Saba High School: 325-372-3786
LOCAL UTILITY PROVIDERS:
ARMADILLO PROPANE: 325-372-5854; 255 TX 16 S, San Saba TX 76877
ATMOS ENERGY: 800-460-3030. Dallas HQ Office: 888-286-6700;
Emergencies: 866-322-8667. http://atmosenergy.com. Natural gas service through underground pipes. Service Coverage Map. Nearest service office: 107 S Lee St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
CENTRAL TEXAS TELEPHONE COOPERATIVE: 325-648-2237; 208 E Brown, San Saba, TX 76877, www.cttcinc.com
MB PROPANE COMPANY: 325-372-5326; 2702 W Wallace, San Saba TX 76877
SAN SABA, CITY OF:
- ELECTRIC OFFICE:
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
WEDDING OAK WINERY: 325-372-4050; 316 E Wallace, San Saba, TX 76877, San Saba, TX 76877. www.weddingoakwinery.com. Wines are a blend of old-world and new, but they are Texas through and through, made from Texas grapes.
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: www.SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: info@SandyRoadGuestHaus.com
Come Relax & Enjoy!