COFRAN'S PC &
- - -
Tech Support &
Call-In Help Desk
PC slowed down?
We can tune it up!
** PC Repairs **
BSEE, MBA, xCPA
Veteran, Tech Officer
Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
County Profile For:
LLANO COUNTY, Texas
Pronounced: "LAN oh"
"Deer Capital of Texas", "Bluebonnet Capital of Texas", "Land of Legend and Lure"County Seat: LlanoEst: 1856
County Borders: N: San Saba; E: Burnet; S: Gillespie; SE: Blanco; W: Mason
Tax Rate (2013): County: $0.3245; MUD 1: $0.28780; ISD: $0.16800; Road Dist 1: $0.05000
Population (2016): 20,362Businesses (2015): 442COL Index (2008): 84.7
Zip Codes: 607, 609, 639, 643, 657, 672, 831, 885
Area Codes: 325, 512, 737, 830Time Zone: CST
Center Line Coordinates: 30° 45' N; 98° 40' W
Major Highways: TX-16, TX-29, TX-71
Creeks: SandyRivers: Llano, ColoradoLakes: Buchanan, Inks, LBJ (see Highland Lakes)
Area: 934 smElevation: 800 to 2,000 ft
Quick Link To: Directory Listings In This County
CITIES & TOWNS IN THIS COUNTY: Baby Head; Blue Lake; Bluffton; Buchanan Dam; Castell; Deerhaven; Horseshoe Bay; Kingsland; Llano; Lone Grove; Oxford; Stolz; Sunrise Beach; Tow; Valley Spring
All of Llano County is within the Texas Hill Country. For our definition of the boundaries of the Texas Hill Country, see: Definition & Maps.
- County Judge: Mary S. Cunningham
801 Ford St, Rm 101, Llano, TX 78643
325-247-7730; Fax: 325-247-7732
Web: co.llano.tx.us; Email: LlanoCountyJudge@co.llano.tx.us
- LLANO COUNTY COURTHOUSE: Located in Llano on the Courthouse Square, at 801 Ford St. Built 1893; designed by A.O. Watson and Jacob Larmour, in Romanesque Revival style. Trimmed in Texas red sandstone, marble and granite. One of the few remaining Texas courthouses built before 1990. Previous courthouse burned in 1892. See more history about the courthouse and area at the Portal profile for Llano.
- Capital Area Council Of Governments (CAPCOG)
Ofc: 512-916-6000, Fax: 512-916-6001
6800 Burleson Rd, Bldg 310, Ste 165, Austin, TX 78744
- Capital Area Trauma Regional Advisory Council (CATRAC)
4100 Ed Bluestein Blvd, Ste 200, Austin, TX 78721
PRINCIPAL BUSINESS: Tourism, agriculture, ranching
EVENT CALENDAR: For full details on these and nearby events see Festivals & Major Events, Trade Days & Farmers Markets and calendars on our other focus topic pages accessible from the menu above.
WEATHER: Local Weather; Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: See full details in Directory below.
- On-Line News: Google News; Facebook
- Newspapers: Llano County Journal: llanocj.com; Llano News: llanonews.com
- Radio/TV, Articles & Videos:
- Handbook Of Texas Online: TSHA
- County TXGenWeb Project: Genealogical/historical information, including cemeteries, markers, maps, census data, surname queries): TXGenWeb
- Llano County Historical Commission: See full details in Directory below.
- More History: See Portal city profiles in list shown above, including Llano
OTHER PROFILES: City Data; TXCIP; US Census Quick Facts; Wikipedia
NOTES: For Buchanan, Inks and Lake LBJ dams (see Highland Lakes)
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections & digital photos,
without compensation. Send to Editor at:
Back To >> TOP OF PAGE & MAIN INDEX
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
LLANO COUNTY, JUDGE: Mary S Cunningham; 325-247-7730; Fax: 325-247-7732; 801 Ford St, Rm 101, Llano, TX 78643. co.llano.tx.us; LlanoCountyJudge@co.llano.tx.us
LLANO COUNTY, COMMISSIONERS:
- PRECINCT 1: 830-598-2296; 101 Ferguson Rd, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- PRECINCT 2: 512-793-6181; Buchanan Dam, TX 78609
- PRECINCT 3: 325-388-3092; Kingsland, TX 78639
- PRECINCT 4: 325-247-3783; Llano, TX 78643
- PRECINCT 1: 830-598-2296; 101 Ferguson Rd, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- PRECINCT 2: 512-793-2332; Buchanan Dam, TX 78609
- PRECINCT 3: 325-388-6215; Kingsland, TX 78639
- PRECINCT 4: 325-247-3178; Llano, TX 78643
LLANO COUNTY, ATTORNEY: 325-247-7733; 801 Ford St, Rm 111, Llano, TX 78643. Facebook
LLANO COUNTY, AUDITOR: 325-247-3783; Llano, TX 78643
LLANO COUNTY, CLERK: 325-247-4455; Llano, TX 78643
LLANO COUNTY, DISTRICT CLERK: 325-247-5036; 832 Ford St, Llano, TX 78643
LLANO COUNTY, ELECTIONS OFFICE: 325-247-5425; 1447-A TX-71 E, Llano, TX 78643
LLANO COUNTY, JUSTICE OF THE PEACE:
- PRECINCT 1: 830-598-2296; 101 Ferguson Rd, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- PRECINCT 2: 512-793-2332; 17619 TX-29 E, Buchanan Dam, TX 78609
- PRECINCT 3: 325-388-6215; 108 Chamberlain St, Kingsland, TX 78639
- PRECINCT 4: 325-247-3178; 2001-B TX-16 N, Llano, TX 78643
LLANO COUNTY, DEPARTMENT OF LAND DEVELOPMENT AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT: 325-247-2039; 100 W Sandstone #200, Llano, TX 78643. Facebook
LLANO COUNTY, LIBRARY SYSTEM: 325-247-5248; 102 E Haynie, Llano, TX 78643. llano-library-system.net. The Llano County Library System Foundation (LCLSF) is a non-profit that supports the Llano County Library System, at llanocountylibrarysystemfoundation.org
LLANO COUNTY, SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT: 325-247-5050; 325-247-5767; 2001 TX-16 N, Ste A, Llano, TX 78643. Sheriff Bill Blackburn. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Facebook
LLANO COUNTY, TAX ASSESSOR-COLLECTOR: 325-247-3065; 103 E Sandstone, Llano, TX 78643. llanocad.net
LLANO COUNTY, 911 ADDRESSING: 325-247-2039; Llano, TX 78643
LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY: See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located. LOCATED OUTSIDE THIS COUNTY BUT WITHIN THE TEXAS HILL COUNTRY: See detailed listings in the corresponding cities/towns throughout the Hill County. Use the Menu at the top of every page for city links.
LOCATED OUTSIDE THE TEXAS HILL COUNTRY: See State & Federal Offices
DISTRICT COURTS AND DISTRICT ATTORNEY: See State & Federal Offices. Includes the 33rd and 424th District Courts.
US POST OFFICE: usps.com
- 325-347-6595; 7866 TX-29 E, Art, TX 76820-9817
- 325-379-9876; 11725 RR-2241, Bluffton, TX 78601
- 512-793-2513; 17727 TX-29 E, Buchanan Dam, TX 78609
- 325-247-3117; 19479 RR-152, Castell, TX 76831-3000
- 830-598-8773; 9740 FM-2147 W, Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
- 325-388-4275; 1901 FM-1431 W, Kingsland, TX 78639
- 325-247-4547; 819 Berry St, Llano, TX 78643
- 915-388-3470; 103 Sunrise Dr, Sunrise Beach, TX 78643
- 325-379-2281; 16910 RR-2241, Tow, TX 78601
- 325-247-4879; 11936 TX-71 W, Valley Spring, TX 76885-9998
THAT REPRESENT THE TEXAS HILL COUNTRY
Click: State & Federal Offices
UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT, GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION, UNITED STATES DEPT OF AGRICULTURE (USDA):
Farm Service Agency (FSA): fsa.usda.gov. Administers the Farm Bill as passed by Congress. Several programs are currently in operation including EQUIP, CRP, TAP, LAP, NAP, and loan programs. firstgov.gov
(US) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS): yx.nrcs.usda.gov. Assist landowners in preparing conservation plans, developing prescribed burning plans, and assisting with brush control, pond construction, terrace installation, and erosion control. NRCS also publishes soil surveys for each county.
Local office for Llano County: Llano Service Center: 325-247-5154; 147 TX-71 E, Unit E3, Llano, TX 78641
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
DISASTER & EMERGENCY SERVICES: Beyond dialing 911 for emergency services (police, fire, rescue), when a major destructive event occurs (wind damage, flooding, explosion, wildland fire, mass casualty incidents, terrorism, etc.), response services are organized based on the disaster coverage area and severity:
• Emergency Shelters & Local Relief Services Mostly Within A City: Depending on local needs and incident circumstances, check with local service and information organizations and locations that can be found on the Portal city page for each town/city, per the above Portal menu at the top of each page. On these city pages you can determine their open/close status and scope of services (shelter, showers, food, clothing, financial, essential supplies, other) presently offered, and donations (food, clothing, cash, other) they will accept. Their scope can change quickly based on the extent of damage and needs. The city pages also include emergency contacts for major utilities that are often affected during such incidents, including power, water, communications, etc.
• Multiple City Or County-wide Incidents: See County Judge's office for Emergency Management, and Sheriff's Dept above.
• Llano County Dept Of Land Development And Emergency Management:
325-247-2039; 100 W Sandstone, #200, Llano, TX. Facebook. Ron Anderson
• Sheriff's Department: 325-247-5050/5767
• Fire: Call Llano County Sheriff's Office: 325-247-5767
• Llano County Emergency Medical Services (EMS): 325-247-3088; cityofllano.com/index.php/citygovernment/cityservices/ems
• Multiple County Incidents: See our Portal Focus Topic Page on Emergency Services for comprehensive information on area-wide emergency resources and contacts (Red Cross, TCEQ, Alert Systems, etc.).
• CAPCOG Emergency Alert System: 866-484-3264; Web Sign-Up. A free, automated system whereby you can be notified (via phone call, text, or mobile app) by your local emergency response team in the event of emergency situations or critical community alerts. Examples: evacuation notices, bio-terrorism alerts, boil water notices, severe weather and missing child reports.
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
WITH OFFICES LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY:
See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
WITH OFFICES LOCATED OUTSIDE THIS COUNTY:
AMERICAN RED CROSS, Central Texas Chapter:
2218 Pershing Dr, Austin, TX 78723. centex.redcross.org. A humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its Congressional Charter and the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement, that provides relief to victims of disasters and helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. Serves Burnet, Hays, Llano, Travis & Williamson counties.
HILL COUNTRY CHILDREN'S ADVOCACY CENTER: 512-756-2607; POB 27, 1001 N Hill St, Burnet, TX 78611. "Believe the Hurt, Begin the Healing", Serves Blanco, Burnet, Lampasas, Llano, Mason & San Saba Counties. Multi-disciplinary agency facilitates the prevention, detection, investigation and treatment of Child Abuse. Provides free services to abused children and their families. Agency provides services to physically and sexually abused children, witnesses, non-offending family members, and the professionals dedicated to helping victims. Provides video-taped forensic interviews, written statement assistance, on-site medical examinations, evaluations, and referrals. Annual fund-raising event: Pedal Power Wildflower Ride. hccac.org
COMMUNITY ACTION, INC OF CENTRAL TEXAS: communityaction.com. Develops opportunities for people and communities to realize their potential. Adult education, Head Start, utility assistance, senior citizens, primary health services, family planning, HIV/AIDS assistance, breast & cervical cancer outreach, prescription assistance, home visiting.
Nearest Local office: 512-392-1161; POB 748, 101 Uhland Rd, Ste 107, San Marcos, TX 78666
HIGHLAND LAKES LEGAL CENTER: 512-755-7887; 115 Main St, Marble Falls, TX 78654. highlandlakeslegalcenter.com. A non-profit law office created to offer income-based legal services in Blanco, Burnet, Llano, and San Saba counties.
HILL COUNTRY TRANSIT DISTRICT (aka HOP): 1-800-791-9601; takethehop.com. Available for all Llano County residents. Call dispatch to schedule a ride. The cost is by donation for residents 65 and older, and minimal for everyone else. HOP can take people to local stores, beauty shops or meetings, but it also provides trips for medical appointments as far as Round Rock, Temple and even San Antonio. Also provides transportation for kids to after-school programs and functions, as well as Medicaid runs wherever the person needs to go for their appointment. Llano County HOP has nine buses and seven drivers available for service. Two of the buses are stationed in Kingsland. The Hill Country Transit District covers nine counties, which equates to about 9,000 square miles.
(THE) LLANO COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM FOUNDATION (LCLSF): Supports the Llano County Library System. llanocountylibrarysystemfoundation.org. See library in County Government above.
TEXAS MASTER NATURALISTS: txmn.org. A non-profit organization under the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Program in concert with Texas Parks & Wildlife. Mission is to develop a corps of well-informed volunteers to provide education, outreach, and service dedicated to the beneficial management of natural resources and natural areas within their communities.
Local: Highland Lakes. txmn.org/highlandlakes. Counties served: Blanco, Burnet, Llano. Meets 1st Wed, except Aug, 1-3p at Church of Christ, 711 Broadway, Marble Falls
TEXAS RIO GRANDE LEGAL AID (TRLA): 1-888-988-9996; 4920 IH-35 N, Frontage Rd, Austin, TX 78751. trla.org. A non-profit organization that provides free legal services to eligible low-income residents in 68 counties of SW Texas, including the Hill Country, and also represents migrant and seasonal farm workers. No local permanent offices (except nearby Austin and San Antonio), however visits are made to some cities. Start eligibility application process on web or call for appointment. Counties served: Bandera, Blanco, Burnet, Comal, Edwards, Gillespie, Hays, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Llano, Mason, Medina, Real, Travis, Uvalde, Williamson
VETRIDES: burnetcountytexas.org/default.aspx?name=constable.pct2. Program assists veterans and their families with transportation to and from Veterans Administration hospitals, veterans services offices, pharmacies, grocery and retail stores. Available in Burnet, Llano and Lampasas counties.
To request a RIDE: 877-8S1~8VET(838) or 830-613-9982
Note: See chamber, tourism & economic development listings in profile section above.
Note: For Hill Country-wide non-profits, public service and social service organizations, see Hill Country Information
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: info@SandyRoadGuestHaus.com
Come Relax & Enjoy!
Click for Hill Country:
» RECURRING ACTIVITIES
» MARKET DAYS
» ALL CALENDARS
Affordable Pre-paid Emergency Air Transport Service
Click image for details
Protection starts at $65/yr
Protect Your Computer Files With
of your data.
to get started.