Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
City Profile For:
POINT VENTURE, Texas
"no slogan"Population (2015e): 902COL Index (2008):
Elevation: 741 ftArea: County: NW Travis
Zip Code: 78645Area Code: 512Time Zone: CST
Coordinates: 30° 22' 46" N, 97° 59' 46" W
Location: N bank of Lake Travis; on S end of peninsula, N of Lakeway
Highways: Lohman Ford RdCreeks: NoneRivers: ColoradoLakes: Travis
- Village Of Point Venture: Incorporated Aug, 2000
512-267-5511; 19053 Venture Dr, Point Venture, TX 78645
- Point Venture Property Owners Association: 512-267-1128
555 Venture Blvd S, Point Venture, TX 78645
- Point Venture Townhomes, Inc: 512-267-1643
551 Venture Boulevard S, Point Venture, TX 78645-8547
NEIGHBORING TOWNS: 7 mi S of Lago Vista, 12 mi SW of Jonestown
PRINCIPAL BUSINESS: Resort community, water recreation
MAJOR ATTRACTIONS: See full details in Directory below
- Lake Travis Area: Lake Recreation, water sports, boating, fishing, swimming, restaurants, entertainment, shopping
- Point Venture Golf Course: 512-267-2768; www.pointventuregolf.com
- Highland Lakes Area: Lake Recreation & Water Sports
- Jonestown: Lake Travis Water Recreation; Parks; Chimney Swifts
- Lago Vista: Airpower Museum; Golf; Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge; Lake Travis Water Recreation
- Volente: Lake Travis Water Recreation; Parks
- Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge
- LAKE TRAVIS SHORE PARKS:
- Briarcliff: Pace Bend
- Hudson Bend: Mansfield Dam
- Jonestown: Dave Reed, Fireman's, Jones Brothers, Laura Reed, Pecan Bottom, Shady, Veterans Memorial
- Lago Vista: Arkansas Bend, Arrowhead Point, Bar-K, Cody, Emerald, Greenshore, Hancock, Heather, Marina View
- Lakeway: Dragon, Lakeway City, Porpoise, Rebel, Sailfish, Swim Center
- Hudson Bend: Mansfield Dam
- NW Lake Travis: Camp Creek, Gloster Bend, Turkey Bend
- Oasis: Mansfield Dam
- Point Venture: Arkansas Bend, Dink Pearson
- Spicewood: Grelle, Muleshoe Bend, Narrows
- Volente: Bob Wentz-Windy Point, Cypress Creek, Hippie Hollow, Malberper, Sandy Creek, Shaffer Bend, Tom Hughes, Turkey Bend, Volente Beach Waterpark
- 1) Junior Olympic swimming pool
- 2) 50 acre water front park which has boat launch ramps, covered pavilion, a number of picnic tables, a playground area, basket ball court and a nature area.
- 3) Six Laykold tennis courts, 4 of which are lighted.
- 4) A 163 slip marina with an outdoor floating restaurant (The Pier on Lake Travis) attached which is open year round.
- 5) A nine hole golf course (see attractions above).
- 6) Recreational complex which includes: The offices for the Point Venture Townhouses Association, the Point Venture POA, Exercise room, Lending library/conference/meeting room, Meeting room (Venture Room) that accommodates about 75 people, Club room with cooking facilities for parties and receptions.
- Note: The entrance to Point Venture is gated and guarded.
Festivals & Events
- Nov: Christmas Tree Lighting
- Dec: New Year's Celebration in Club Room
WEATHER: Local Weather; Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: See full details in Directory below.
- On-Line News: Google News; Topix
North Shore Beacon, 512-517-9950; http://northshorebeacon.com
- Radio/TV, Articles & Videos:
HISTORY: Handbook of Texas Online: ". . . a resort community located on Lake Travis about eighteen miles northwest of Austin in western Travis County. This lakeside development began in early 1969 when Houston oil man and developer Joel M. Cummings, along with developer W. C. "Bill" Canfield, bought a large tract of land situated on a peninsula known as "the Point" on Lake Travis. The men soon brought in two more partners, W. S. "Woody" Gaylord, Jr. and Lawrence Clayton Smith, and the group named their project Point Venture. Construction progressed with the building of roadways, recreation facilities, a clubhouse, and town homes. Additional amenities included a yacht club and the operation of the only lake ferry in Texas. Point Venture incorporated as the Village of Point Venture in the late 1990s and implemented a mayor and council form of government. By 2000 the population was 451."
PRIOR CITY NAMES: None
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Gas: nearby; Convenience Stores: nearby; Restaurants: yes; Lodging: vacation; Grocery Stores: no; Banks: no; Vehicle Repair: no; Hospital: no; Med Clinic: no; Post Office: no; Public Schools: no; Cemetery: no
OTHER PROFILES: City Data (not available); ePodunk (not available); Texas Escapes (not available); Travel Texas (not available); Wikipedia
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections
& digital photos, without compensation. Send to:
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
POINT VENTURE GOLF COURSE: 512-267-2768; 422 Venture Blvd S, Point Venture, TX 78645-8543. www.pointventuregolf.com. Public, 9 holes, 3,100 yds, par 36
LOCAL CITY GOVERNMENT:
VILLAGE OF POINT VENTURE: 512-267-5511; 19053 Venture Dr, Point Venture, TX 78645. www.pointventure.com. Incorporated Aug, 2000
LOCAL COUNTY GOVERNMENT: See: Travis County Government Offices
TRAVIS COUNTY SHERIFF (NON EMERGENCY): 512-974-0845
STATE & FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: For offices that represent the Hill Country,
see: Texas & Federal Government Offices
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
As a small residential community, there are no hunting opportunities in this town.
BLUE LIZARD GETAWAY: 512-829-4011; Point Venture, TX 78645
C&D's WATERFRONT TOWNHOME: 512-569-0806; 533 Venture Blvd S, Point Venture, TX 78645
POINT VENTURE RETREAT: 512-731-7371; Venture Blvd. S, Point Venture, TX 78645. www.pointventureretreat.com
DURHAM TRANSPORTATION (School Bus): 512-267-7707
POINT VENTURE FRONT GATE/SECURITY: 512-267-2432 or 512-422-2070
POINT VENTURE TOWNHOUSES: 512-267-1643
Note: see Lago Vista and Jonestown for a nearby, wider variety of goods and services.
LIONS CLUB: www.lionsclubs.org. A volunteer-based, non-profit, community service organization that aggressively works to donate back to the community to support local, regional, national and international needs. Mission is to empower volunteers to serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions clubs.
Local: Point Venture Lions Club, www.pvlionsclub.org. Meets 2nd, 4th Tue, 6p, Point Venture Club Rm, 555 Venture Blvd S
POINT VENTURE PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION: 512-267-1128; 555 Venture Blvd S, Point Venture, TX 78645. www.pointventure.com
POINT VENTURE ANIMAL CONTROL: 512-632-7577; Roger Stroms: 512-587-7235
Note: See separate listing sections for horses, riding, equestrian, and other care.
(THE) GNARLY GAR: 512-267-1845; 18200 Lakepoint Cove, Point Venture, TX 78645. http://gnarlygar.com
LAGO VISTA ISD: 512-267-8300; www.lagovistaisd.net
LOCAL UTILITY PROVIDERS:
AT&T: 877-998-6713; www.att.com; Cable TV, wireless cellular phone, cellular data, and internet services.
LONGHORN DISPOSAL: 512-272-4341; Tuesday Trash Pick-up
PEDERNALES ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE (PEC): www.pec.coop. A Texas non-profit corporation owned by its members, the largest electric cooperative in the country, coves 8,100 square miles, 214,000 members, with assets over $1 billion.
HQ, Connections & Service Startup: 1-888-554-4732
PEC Emergencies, Service Interruptions & Marking of Underground Utility Lines (open 24x7): 1-888-883-3379
TIME WARNER CABLE: 1-800-418-8848; www.timewarnercable.com
Cable Television, Roadrunner Internet, VOIP
WCID OF POINT VENTURE: 512-267-1641
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: www.SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: info@SandyRoadGuestHaus.com
Come Relax & Enjoy!