Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
City Profile For:
VILLAGE OF THE HILLS, Texas
"no slogan"Population (2015e): 2,573Elevation: 817 ftArea: 1.1 smCounty: Travis
Zip Code: 78737Area Code: 512-261Time Zone: CST
Coordinates: 30° 20' 49" N, 97° 58' 52" W
Location: Western part of county; Shore of Lake Travis, 20 mi NW of Austin
Highways: TX-71, RR-620Creeks: NoneRivers: ColoradoLakes: Travis (see Highland Lakes)
- Village Of The Hills: 512-261-6281; The Hills, TX 78738
- Lake Travis Chamber Of Commerce: 512-263-5833; 877-263-0073
1415 RR-620 S, Ste 202, Austin, TX 78734, www.laketravischamber.com
Serves: Bee Cave, Briarcliff, The Hills, Hudson Bend, Lakeway, Spicewood
- Lakeway Civic Connection: www.lakeway.org
- Community Profile: www.villageprofile.com/texas/laketravis/main.html
- Part of the Highland Lakes area (see Profile)
PRINCIPAL BUSINESS: This is an upscale, master-planned, gated community centered on Hurst Creek and The Hills Country Club. The facility includes a highly-rated golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus. It is adjacent to and has a close relationship with Lakeway.
MAJOR ATTRACTIONS: See full details in Directory below.
- (The) Hills Golf Course: 512-261-7272; Club Corp. See full details below and in Golf
- World Of Tennis Sports Complex
- Lake Travis Area: Lake Recreation, water sports, boating, fishing, swimming, restaurants, entertainment, shopping
- Bee Cave: Parks (Hamilton Pool; Milton Reimers, Westcave); Galleria Shopping
- Briarcliff: Golf
- Highland Lakes Area: Lake Recreation & Water Sports
- Hudson Bend: Lake Travis Recreation
- Lakeway: Golf
- Oasis: Proximity to Lake Travis; Mansfield Dam, water recreation, shopping, restaurants, entertainment
- Spicewood: Cypress Valley Canopy Tours; Dead Man's Hole; Krause Springs; Golf; Parks; Vineyards
- Bee Cave: Hamilton Pool; Milton Reimers Ranch Park; Westcave Preserve
- LAKE TRAVIS SHORE PARKS:
- Briarcliff: Pace Bend
- Hudson Bend: Mansfield Dam
- Jonestown: Dave Reed, Fireman's, Jones Brothers, Laura Reed, Pecan Bottom, Shady, Veterans Memorial
- Lago Vista: Arkansas Bend, Arrowhead Point, Bar-K, Cody, Emerald, Greenshore, Hancock, Heather, Marina View
- Lakeway: Dragon, Lakeway City, Porpoise, Rebel, Sailfish, Swim Center
- Hudson Bend: Mansfield Dam
- NW Lake Travis: Camp Creek, Gloster Bend, Turkey Bend
- Oasis: Mansfield Dam
- Point Venture: Arkansas Bend, Dink Pearson
- Spicewood: Grelle, Muleshoe Bend, Narrows
- Volente: Bob Wentz-Windy Point, Cypress Creek, Hippie Hollow, Malberper, Sandy Creek, Shaffer Bend, Tom Hughes, Turkey Bend, Volente Beach Waterpark
For full details on nearby events see Festivals & Major Events, Trade Days & Farmers Markets, Live Entertainment, and calendars on our other focus topic pages accessible from the menu above.
WEATHER: Local Weather; Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: MAPS: Local Google; Hill Country Special Maps
HISTORYHandbook of Texas Online: "The Hills is an upscale community located west of Farm Road 620 about sixteen miles west-northwest of downtown Austin in western Travis County. The master-planned gated community was in development by the 1990s and centered on Hurst Creek and The Hills Country Club. The facility included a highly-rated golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus. By 2000 the community had incorporated, and it operated under the governing bodies of a property owners association and a board of aldermen. The Hurst Creek Municipal Utilities District supplied water and sewer services. Highway maps labeled the community as "The Village of The Hills." In 2000 the population was 1,492."
PRIOR CITY NAMES: None
PORTAL WEB CAM GALLERY: Lake Travis
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Gas: no; Convenience Stores: no; Restaurants: no; Lodging: no; Grocery Stores: no; Banks: no; Vehicle Repair: no; Hospital: no; Med Clinic: no; Post Office: no; Public Schools: no; Cemetery: no
See neighboring Lakeway city profile for local businesses and organizations in the greater Lakeway area.
OTHER PROFILES: City Data; ePodunk Profile; Texas Escapes (not available); Travel Texas (not available); Wikipedia
See Lakeway for business and organization listings beyond the specific Hill-related listings shown below.
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections & digital photos,
without compensation. Send to Editor at:
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
(THE) HILLS GOLF COURSE: 512-261-7272; 26 Club Estates Pkwy, Lakeway, TX 78738. Private. 18 holes, 7030 yds, par 72. Consists of an 18-hole Jack Nicklaus design golf course, an 18-hole Nicklaus co-design by Jack Nicklaus and Jack Nicklaus II, and 36 holes of golf on two distinct, yet equally challenging courses - Live Oak and Yaupon. A 3-hole practice facility with par 3,4, and 5 practice holes, and multiple driving ranges and putting greens top off the club's vast array of golf amenities. Club Corp
LIVE OAK GOLF COURSE, YAUPON GOLF COURSE, FLINTLOCK FALLS GOLF COURSE: See full details in neighboring Lakeway.
LOCAL CITY GOVERNMENT:
VILLAGE OF THE HILLS: 512-261-6281; The Hills, TX 78738. www.villageofthehills.org
LOCAL COUNTY GOVERNMENT: See: Travis County Government Offices
STATE & FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: For offices that represent the Hill Country,
see: Texas & Federal Government Offices
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
As a small residential community, there are no hunting opportunities in this town.
HILLS POA: 512-261-0321; 102 Trophy Dr, The Hills, TX 78738. www.thehillspoa.com. Site Manager, Angela Thielemans, ; Emergency after hours: 866-473-2573
LAKEWAY SWIM CENTER: 512-261-3000; 3103 Lakeway Blvd, Lakeway, TX 78734. https://www.lakeway-tx.gov
(THE) WORLD OF TENNIS SPORTS COMPLEX: The Hills, TX 78738. Home to the Club Corp's 16 outdoor tennis courts, two climate-controlled indoor tennis courts, fitness facility, men's and ladies' locker rooms, Kids Court, recreational swimming pool, full-service spa and cafe.
See Lake Travis ISD
LOCAL UTILITY PROVIDERS: See Lakeway
HURST CREEK MUNICIPAL UTILITY DISTRICT (MUD): 512-261-6281; http://www.hurstcreekmud.org. Created in 1979 as a subdivision of the State of Texas, to provide water, wastewater, drainage and irrigation service within its boundaries, which generally coincide with The Village of The Hills. The District is governed by a five member Board of Directors elected by the residents.
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: www.SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: info@SandyRoadGuestHaus.com
Come Relax & Enjoy!