COFRAN'S PC &
- - -
Tech Support &
Call-In Help Desk
PC slowed down?
We can tune it up!
** PC Repairs **
BSEE, MBA, xCPA
Veteran, Tech Officer
Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
City Profile For:
"Gateway To The Hill Country"Population (2015e): 2,033COL Index (2008): 82.7
Elevation: 814 ftArea: 5.3 smCounty: NW Travis
Zip Code: 78645Area Code: 512Time Zone: CST
Coordinates: 30° 29' 19.94 N, 97° 55' 27.15 W
Location: 20 mi NW of Austin; 8 mi W of Cedar Park; on NE shore of Lake Travis
Highways: RM-1431Creeks: Big Sandy CreekRivers: ColoradLakes: Travis
- City Of Jonestown: 512-267-3244
18649 RM-1431, Ste 4A, Jonestown, TX 78645
www.jonestown.org; Email: not available
Now combined with Lago Vista
- Lago Vista & Jonestown Area Chamber Of Commerce,
Convention & Visitors Bureau
POB 4946, 8040 Bar-K Ranch Rd, Lago Vista, TX 78645
Located on S side of RM-1431 at intersection of Bar-K Rd
www.lagovista.org, [email protected]
PRINCIPAL BUSINESS: Water recreation, rural residential community, commuter community of Austin
MAJOR ATTRACTIONS: See full details in Directory below
- Lake Travis Area: Lake Recreation, water sports, boating, fishing, swimming, restaurants, entertainment, shopping
- Chimney Swifts: As celebrated members of the community, these tiny birds (Chaetura pelagica) make a great contribution to the area by entertaining with their flying acrobatics at dusk as they head into their cistern home, and by keeping the bug population down by eating large amounts and varieties of flying insects. The City of Jonestown & U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service sponsor an annual celebration of the Chimney Swift.
Some of the very nearby attractions include:
- Highland Lakes Area: Lake Recreation & Water Sports
- Lago Vista: Airpower Museum; Golf; Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge; Lake Travis Water Recreation
- Point Venture: Golf
- Volente: Lake Travis Water Recreation; Parks
- Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge
- LAKE TRAVIS SHORE PARKS:
- Briarcliff: Pace Bend
- Hudson Bend: Mansfield Dam
- Jonestown: Dave Reed, Fireman's, Jones Brothers, Laura Reed, Pecan Bottom, Shady, Veterans Memorial
- Lago Vista: Arkansas Bend, Arrowhead Point, Bar-K, Cody, Emerald, Greenshore, Hancock, Heather, Marina View
- Lakeway: Dragon, Lakeway City, Porpoise, Rebel, Sailfish, Swim Center
- Hudson Bend: Mansfield Dam
- NW Lake Travis: Camp Creek, Gloster Bend, Turkey Bend
- Oasis: Mansfield Dam
- Point Venture: Arkansas Bend, Dink Pearson
- Spicewood: Grelle, Muleshoe Bend, Narrows
- Volente: Bob Wentz-Windy Point, Cypress Creek, Hippie Hollow, Malberper, Sandy Creek, Shaffer Bend, Tom Hughes, Turkey Bend, Volente Beach Waterpark
- Jones Brothers Park: Located at the end of Park Dr and along the shores of Lake Travis, this 32 acre park offers a variety of amenities that include covered picnic sites, ball fields, sand volleyball court, tennis/ basketball court, walking paths and a playscape. This park has a lengthy shoreline for swimming or fishing. Canoe and kayak rental. 3 public boat ramps. 2 covered pavilions.
- Veterans Memorial Park: Located on RM-1431, it features a bronze statue of a young soldier entitled "Going Home" and a beautiful picnic area under the canopy of stately oak trees.
- Fireman's Park: Located at the corner of Crestview and North Park, is a small park that offers plenty of shade, ten picnic tables and a wood burning smoker. Originally owned and maintained by JVFD, this park is now connected to Jones Brothers Park via the new Canyon Hiking Trail.
- Pecan Bottom Park: By a rock dam in Sandy Creek
- Shady Park
- Dave Reed Park: ( Park)
- Laura Reed Park: Primitive, with picnicking and hiking. (Travis County Park)
- Jan: Casino Nite-Boots and Bling, see Chamber
- Mar: Cajun Cook-Off, at Jones Brothers Park, 11am-10pm, see Chamber
- Sep: Swift Fest, at City Hall Plaza, 3-8p, www.swiftfest.org
- Oct: "Chamber Challenge" Golf Tournament
- Dec: Annual Christmas Tree Lighting
WEATHER: Local Weather; Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: See full details in Directory below.
- On-Line News: Google News; Topix
North Shore Beacon, http://northshorebeacon.com
Northshore Star Newspaper
- Radio/TV, Articles & Videos:
HISTORY: Handbook of Texas Online: ". . . It was established in the late 1930s by Emmet A. Jones and his brother, Warren. The community was incorporated in the 1980s and reported a population of 683 in 1988."
From the City web site: "Jonestown has existed as a populated rural community since it was originally settled by the Jones brothers, Emmett and Warren in the late 1930's. Around 1940, Warren built the first commercial structure in what is now Jonestown. When Mansfield Dam was increased in height, and Lake Travis was filled, the development of Jonestown as a lake resort became possible. Begun at first as a haven for weekend fishermen and boaters, more and more people built their permanent residence here and commuted to work in Austin. A few fishing cabins still remain, but large, new homes are being built on estate lots in gated communities, many with lake-front or lake views. The City of Jonestown incorporated as a General Law City in 1985, as did other small towns around the area, in response to the City of Austin's aggressive move to incorporate the Colorado River bed as far as Marble Falls. The widening and straightening of RM-1431 to Highway 183 in 1982 enhanced this population change and provided a most eye-pleasing Farm to Market Road where folks come to start the tour of the Highland Lakes. It rapidly grew from an incorporated population of 683 in 1988 to a population of 1,681 as reported in the 2000 Census. It is estimated at over 2000 at present time."
PRIOR CITY NAMES:
AVAILABLE SERVICES: Gas: yes; Convenience Stores: yes; Restaurants: yes; Lodging: yes; Grocery Stores: yes; Banks: yes; Vehicle Repair: yes; Hospital: yes; Med Clinic: yes; Post Office: yes; Public Schools: yes; Cemetery: yes
OTHER PROFILES: City Data; ePodunk; Texas Escapes; Travel Texas (not available) Wikipedia
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections & digital photos,
without compensation. Send to Editor at:
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
EASY STREET MARINA: 512-267-4289; 17900 Easy St, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.easystreetmarina.com
NORTHSHORE MARINA AT THE HOLLOWS: 512-580-7417; 6612 Lantern View Dr, Jonestown, TX 78645. http://northshoremarinahollows.com. Marina, Slips, rentals, ship store
SAIL AUSTIN CHARTERS: at Northshore Marina (above), Captain Tim Best, 817-909-2378; http://sailaustin.com
SANDY CREEK BOAT REPAIR: 512-267-4849; 18807 FM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645
UTOPIAN CRUISES: 512-267-7925; 6612 Lantern View Dr, Jonestown, TX 78645
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH: 512-267-1544; 19000 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645
SOUTH JONESTOWN CHURCH: Jonestown, TX 78645
TRINITY ANGLICAN CHURCH: Jonestown, TX 78645
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CODE RED: 866-939-0911; Web Sign-Up. A free, automated system whereby you can be notified (via phone call, text, or mobile app) by your local emergency response team in the event of emergency situations or critical community alerts. Examples include: evacuation notices, bio-terrorism alerts, boil water notices, severe weather and missing child reports.
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
NORTH LAKE TRAVIS FIRE & RESCUE: 512-267-3586; POB 5278, 18300 Park Dr, Jonestown, TX 78645-3454. www.nltfire.org
LOCAL CITY GOVERNMENT:
JONESTOWN, CITY OF: 512-267-3244; 18649 RM-1431, Ste 4A, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.jonestown.org
PARKS DEPARTMENT: Lina Wintz, 512-267-3722
LOCAL COUNTY GOVERNMENT: See: County Government Offices
JONESTOWN COMMUNITY CENTER: 512-854-1500; 18649 RM-1431, Ste 6A, Jonestown, TX 78645. Web. 8a-5p, M-F. A Travis County government facility. Activities and functions include: Food programs, housing-related assistance, job search services, clothing closet, social work services, senior lunch program. A non-profit food pantry (partner with Central Texas Food Bank).
STATE & FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: For offices that represent the Hill Country,
see: Texas & Federal Government Offices
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
DAY & SEASON HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES:
See full list of leases for this town at: Hunting & Fishing.
ALAN "BONES" DAVIS: 512-466-3170; Jonestown, TX 78645. www.bonesdavis.com. For profit and some charity Solo Musician: Folk, folk rock, country;
BLIND FAITH WINDOW COVERINGS: 512-373-3630; 18601 RM-1431, Ste 102, Jonestown, TX 78645. http://austinblindfaith.com
CLEARVIEW HOMES: 512-267-6767; 18644 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645
CYPRESS TECHNOLOGIES: 512-267-9973; 17301 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.cypressmfg.com. Electronics Manufacturer
DAVE'S AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES: 512-267-9755; 18669 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645
DELIVER VALYOU POSTAL STORE: 512-502-5001; 18601 FM-1431, Ste 104, Jonestown
DOUBLE J HORSE FACILITY (formerly Deer Canyon Stables): 512-810-5001; 10720 Deer Canyon Rd, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.deercanyonstables.com. Horse boarding, riding lessons, trail rides.
EAGLE EYE GUNSMITH: 512-297-2898; 19624D RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645
EDWARD JONES: 19621 RM-1431, Ste 401, Jonestown, TX 78645
HAPPY EWE: 512-284-7408; 18360 RM-1431, Ste B, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.happyewefibers.com. Crochet, knit, spin, weave
HILL COUNTRY HANDYMAN AND PAINTING SERVICES: 512-636-2592; 10726 Deer Canyon Rd, Jonestown, TX 78645
JONESTOWN DEPOT: 512-963-0055; 18645 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645. Art, music, antiques
LALA'S EMPTY NEST: 512-922-4127; 10804 Ridgeway, #102, Jonestown, TX 78645
LINTONMANCILLA: 512-579-7910; 18709 Double Canyon Dr, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.LintonMancilla.com. Acoustic, adult contemporary musical ensemble
THE SHOW THAT NEVER ENDS: 512-297-4441; 18602 W Lakeview Dr, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.mcchristiandrums.com. Music education
NORTHSHORE HOMES: 18604 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645
RAYMOND JONES FINANCIAL SERVICES: 512-267-5353; 18666 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645
REGIONS BANK: 512-267-5900; 18643 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.regions.com
SILVERTON CUSTOM HOMES (& REAL ESTATE): 512-267-3777; 18592 FM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645. http://silvertoncustomhomes.com
TEXAS PAINTBALL: 512-257-8728; 18300 Medina Vista Ln, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.txpb.com
JONESTOWN COMMUNITY LIBRARY: 512-267-7511; 18649 RM-1431, Ste 10-A, Jonestown, TX 78645. Web; [email protected]
AUSTIN PET SOLUTIONS: 512-337-2774; 11001 Travis Dr, Jonestown, TX 78645. Pet supplies
JUST FUR PETS: 512-762-6937; 19120 Old Burnet Rd, Jonestown, TX 78645. Facebook. Boarding, sitting, home visits
RED BONE GROOM AND BOARD: 512-382-7463; 10702 Laurel Ln, Jonestown, TX 78645
Note: See separate listing sections for horses, riding, equestrian, sitters and other care.
HAPPY EWE: 512-284-7408; 18360 RM-1431, Ste B, Jonestown, TX 78645
COLDWELL BANKER - SAM BILLINGS: 512-267-3292; 18670 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.sgbillings.com
JONES & CARTER REAL ESTATE: 512-635-2783; 18650 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645. Bill Vines, Realtor
NORTHWEST HORIZON PROPERTIES: 19624 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645
BAKER'S BAKERY: 512-789-2074; 17916 Crystal Cove, Jonestown, TX 78645
HOMETOWN PIZZA: 512-428-4814; 18608 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.hometownpizzajonestown.com
LA CHAPARRITA MEXICAN FOOD: 512-267-1041; 18638 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645
LARRY'S LONE STAR BAR & ICEHOUSE: 512-267-2234; 18655 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645. Entertainment
MAN YEE CUISINE: 512-267-9618; 18784 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645-9666
PARRAIN'S LOUISIANA KITCHEN: 512-215-9319; 18653 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645. www.facebook.com/parrains. Cajun & Creole Restaurant
RUMIS TAVERN: 512-267-4327; 18626 RM-1431, Jonestown, TX 78645. Web
(THE) WICKED PIT: 830-500-0133; at Rumis Tavern, Jonestown, TX 78645. http://thewickedpit.com
A MOUNTAIN TOP RV PARK: 512-940-8400; 11400 Mountain Top Cr, Jonestown, TX 78645-2306
SCHOOLS: The City of Jonestown is served by the Leander and Lago Vista Independent School Districts.
LOCAL UTILITY PROVIDERS:
LOWER COLORADO RIVER ASSOCIATION (LCRA): 800-776-5272; 3700 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703.www.lcra.org. LCRA plays a variety of roles in Central Texas: delivering electricity, managing the water supply and environment of the lower Colorado River basin, developing water and wastewater utilities, providing public recreation areas, and supporting community and economic development.
Emergencies (to report water pollution, such as spills or contamination): 1-800-776-5272 x6843
JONESTOWN WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION: 512-267-7144
PEDERNALES ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE (PEC): www.pec.coop. A Texas non-profit corporation owned by its members, the largest electric cooperative in the country, coves 8,100 square miles, 214,000 members, with assets over $1 billion.
HQ, Connections & Service Startup: 1-888-554-4732
Emergencies, Outages & Marking of Underground Utility Lines, 24x7: 1-888-883-3379
PROGRESSIVE WASTE SOLUTIONS (formerly IESI, now aka Waste Connections): Austin HQ: 866-282-3508; 877-307-4374. www.progressivewaste.com. Trash removal service
TAYLOR BUTANE/PROPANE: 512-362-5249
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: www.SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: [email protected]
Come Relax & Enjoy!
Click for Hill Country:
» FESTIVALS/MAJOR EVENTS
» LIVE ENTERTAINMENT
Affordable Pre-paid Emergency Air Transport Service
Click image for details
Protection starts at $65/yr
Protect Your Computer Files With
of your data.
to get started.